fire652

Pack weight

How much does your day pack weigh. I'm right at 24 pounds without spotter and 30 pounds with spotter. This includes water and essentials

I weighed mine for the first time this year because a friend had dropped a scale off at my house for a hike to Havasupai that we were planning.

My hunting pack was right at about 30lbs. :wacko: This includes the majority of the weight is for the 15s & tripod, and the rifle. Water and the actual pack made up the other significant portion, with rope, food, etc. bringing-up the rear. Seemed kind of excessive when I pondered it, but it sure is nice to have all of the gear to make your hunt just as you want it.

Thank God for a decent pack (Eberlestock)! ;)

S.

:)

It's a Swarovski atx spotter is 75ounces so that's around five pounds. (Math was off yesterday)

• Like 1

For a 5 day backpack hunt my pack will weigh 38-40 pounds without weapon.

Day pack will weigh 15-25 without weapon. Fluctuates based on how much glass I'm packing

Elk hunting packs are a bit heavier.

Working on getting lighter as I am finding what I NEED and what I don't. Also lighter stuff is expensive.

I'm pretty much at 208muleys's numbers posted above. It mostly depends on how much water I'm carrying. I use a Mystery Ranch Nice Frame with either a longbow or 6500 bag which is on the heavy side compared to many, but tough as nails.

I have no idea what my daypack weighs. I'd guess under 20.

For backpacking hunts I'm usually 38-45# going in, depending on how long the trip is and what the weather is supposed to be like.