Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Estimate the year

Here are 2 picks Mom found of my grandfather in deer camp New Mexico. We dont know the year but I bet someone may know close based on the vehicle. Looks like a sweet camp and lever guns were on hand.

post-10379-0-81335300-1451750153.jpg

post-10379-0-58514200-1451750156.jpg

• Like 8

1940s

Ya wish I knew where it was, unfortunately I have this weird family that just doesn't do much of anything together except visit ounce a year, I was never taught anything by or spent time with my grandparents on either side, looks to me like maybe the things about kids that were so bad and different to a grandparent in the end we were not so different afterall. My mom and dad took their first ever rides horseback on my animals and now my mom shows me pics of my grandparents on a ranch in new mexico riding horses and hunting. Go figure. They are all gone now and I wish they wouldn't have kept to themselves so much. Its a gift to pass things on to your kids and grandkids. I took my dad on his first ever hunt as well. My dad is a good man but like us all he hit a few pot holes over the years, when I was younger I pestered him to take me hunting for years and finally one Friday he handed me a gun and the keys to the truck,,,,,, I was 12 years old,,,,, I went hunting lol

• Like 2

That car looks to be a late 30s Chevy master deluxe. They have the hump back rear end like that. I would guess the car is a 1937-1939 but I would guess that pic was taking in early to mid 1940s?

Very cool pics by the way!!!!

• Like 1

I don't see twenty guys all huddled around the deer or a watermark, so it definitely wasn't recent.

Great pic & thanks for sharing!

• Like 2