Analogkid1014

Brown trout

Nice Brown. Keep them brown Pics coming ,luv em..............BOB!

itt arguing about trout. might as well be talking about barbies

Ha ha!!!

Guys if i had the choice tomorrow i would trade any 105 to 110 buck with a rifle for a 25 inch type brown from a creek in az tomorrow. There isnt a 110 buck walking that could rattle my nerves like a 25 inch type brown from a creek. I like fishing that much, and a giant trout from az is much much much harder to find than any 110 buck. There's so many 110 bucks in this state it's not even funny, but there's so so few really big trout. 25 inch trout are about as rare as a 130 buck in my mind.

I live in the White Mountains. I grew up catching trout. I've caught a bunch of big trout. Caught some good ones out of Sunrise this past year. However, I can't hardly stand to go trout fishing anymore. I'd rather catch a 2lb crappie than a 20+" trout, but that's just me. I've been trying to to catch a 3lb+ crappie most of my life and can't get it done. That's what gets my motor running. Its just interesting (sometimes funny) to see everyone's views and opinions on different things and what they are passionate about.

Brian

really, fish san carlos much? i feel like ive caught dozens of 3lbers. i only weighed one on an electric berkley scale 3.14oz.

I fished it more than probably anyone on this site. Breaks my heart with the fish kill off. I constantly came across people on the lake that say they have crappie that weigh over three pounds till you break out the scale. I can't remember a single one that made it over 2.5. I have family that have caught 3 total. Until the scale goes on them I take their word with a grain of salt.

Brian

Ha ha!!!

Guys if i had the choice tomorrow i would trade any 105 to 110 buck with a rifle for a 25 inch type brown from a creek in az tomorrow. There isnt a 110 buck walking that could rattle my nerves like a 25 inch type brown from a creek. I like fishing that much, and a giant trout from az is much much much harder to find than any 110 buck. There's so many 110 bucks in this state it's not even funny, but there's so so few really big trout. 25 inch trout are about as rare as a 130 buck in my mind.

I live in the White Mountains. I grew up catching trout. I've caught a bunch of big trout. Caught some good ones out of Sunrise this past year. However, I can't hardly stand to go trout fishing anymore. I'd rather catch a 2lb crappie than a 20+" trout, but that's just me. I've been trying to to catch a 3lb+ crappie most of my life and can't get it done. That's what gets my motor running. Its just interesting (sometimes funny) to see everyone's views and opinions on different things and what they are passionate about.

Brian

really, fish san carlos much? i feel like ive caught dozens of 3lbers. i only weighed one on an electric berkley scale 3.14oz.

I fished it more than probably anyone on this site. Breaks my heart with the fish kill off. I constantly came across people on the lake that say they have crappie that weigh over three pounds till you break out the scale. I can't remember a single one that made it over 2.5. I have family that have caught 3 total. Until the scale goes on them I take their word with a grain of salt.

Brian

You may want to try SC again. I stopped by last year it was full and the snowbirds were cleaning up on crappie.

Ha ha!!!

Brian

Brian

Ha ha!!!

Brian

Brian

You may want to try SC again. I stopped by last year it was full and the snowbirds were cleaning up on crappie.

What! don't you dare mess with me

I don't know how to feel about this right now, it's too early to play with my emotions. who else can confirm??

edit: wait a minute, i hope youre not one of the trouser trout fisherman trying to set me up for failure

Ha ha!!!

Brian

Brian

Ha ha!!!

Brian

Brian

What! don't you dare mess with me

I don't know how to feel about this right now, it's too early to play with my emotions. who else can confirm??

I told my dad. He spends his winters and springs in Globe. He is going to go and see what he can find out. Head to the lake and talk to some people. If the weather at the end of this next week is halfway descent we may even go hit the lake. I'll let ya know what I find out.

Brian

30%+ of released trout/salmon die shortly after the catch anyways.

Besides Montana, the last Brown trout I caught was at Tunnel Lake in Greer. Just over 3 pounds. Lost one that was even bigger from the same spot. Released to fight another day....and fertilize babies.

Have caught some monster Crappie from San Carlos,....back in the good old days.

I was about an hour or so early for a meeting in Safford so I decided to stop by and see how it looked. I stopped by the store and saw a couple of snow birds getting gas for their boat. I asked how the fishing was and I got "shhhh we are catching 16" crappie."

Back to topic, if you want truly large browns, go to reservation or Hawley with the largest swim bait you are prepared to throw. More than once I have seen 10-12" trout jump on shore to get away from these predators. Of course that would defeat the elitism of fly fishing. Imo I get more pleasure out of a pink/red meated salmonoid fillet than I do watching it swim away. Although I have done both depending on circumstance.

This is a non scientific discussion. Most people in AZ are not fly fishermen. They are bait fishermen. A Fish Biologist told me that the hatchery trout are probably going to die any way if released, even if caught with a fly. So, don't get your nose out of shape because someone put a fish on a stringer and ate it and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

ThomC, theres allways a sour apple on every tree. Great Fish..............BOB!

ThomC, theres allways a sour apple on every tree. Great Fish..............BOB!

Conservations a hard one to swallow sometimes, you'll come around someday. I get far more joy out of releasing the fish to be caught another day by another angler. We've caught the same fish 5 times in some circumstances over several years. Nothing like watching your buddies or maybe a total stranger get the same enjoyment out of the same fish over and over. What was better catching him once and down the hatch, or making someone else's day, time and time again. If bad apple equals sharing i'm proud to be that apple!!!! Conservation=Sharing. Keeping the fish = ? One time event for yourself = ? Those that know me, know how much i like to share. I wish i could have shared all the giant coues bucks i've found for so many others time and time again with yet another person , but there's no catch and release in hunting and unfortunately you can only shoot a deer once. They just need to legalize tranquilizer guns.

My post was meant at bugkiller if He was serious not You Couesmagnet ..I got a buddy that throws everything back. I do too if there small...........BOB!