Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

JLW the dry ice always freezes the meat on me....

put less dry ice or a wider/ taller buffer

• Like 1

I know a few guys in WY that hang their meat until it has dang near mold on the outside layer.. Makes the meat taste way better but you lose a large % of it during the peeling process.

• Like 2

My buddy had to update his card today on AZGFD site because chase sent him a new one and deactivated his old one.. hope this doesn't screw anything up since he put in our app.. If only they would have started a week ago...

My buddy had to update his card today on AZGFD site because chase sent him a new one and deactivated his old one.. hope this doesn't screw anything up since he put in our app.. If only they would have started a week ago...

If only but they can't get it together

For those of us that really want to chase elk and apply in other states this late date has caused a big problem. My kids and I have now applied in AZ and NM for hunts that have over lapping time frames. Apps for CO are due in the next couple days and NV is getting close.

If unit 10 is the problem as Don Martin says, then 2200 elk tags are holding up 135,000 people that have applied and are waiting for results. I think that's the number of apps last year. It's pretty stupid that F&G has taken this long to work out an agreement.

I read online that an agreement for access to go ranch has been agreed upon. Is that what the wait was about??

When I leave meat in the fridge for a week it smells rotten?

has to drain... leave it in a cooler with dry ice for 7 days with the drain open so any blood will drain out.

hot air rises cold air falls ( you already know /knew that) put the dry ice on top but use something so it is not directly on the meat, ie. a tray or something.

also when in your fridge it can pick up foreign odors... if your going to do it in a fridge make room in your beer fridge, but make sure it can drain off the blood.

james

I bone it out and put it in my "beer fridge" and my dad's "beer fridge". I made a rack to set the meat on so the blood can drain as mentioned. Then I put newspaper in the bottom of the fridge to soak up the blood.

• Like 1

39 pages of anticipation ... 10 pages of people bragging about tags .. 10 pages of congratulations ... 10 pages of complaints on no tags ... boys, we are definitely on pace for 60 pages!

Tag or no tag ... I feel like following this thread has already made me a winner.

• Like 3

This is truly a painful and agonizing time we are all experiencing, but it could be worse................

post-2173-0-28273800-1459299236.png

• Like 1

I read online that an agreement for access to go ranch has been agreed upon. Is that what the wait was about??

No. It had nothing to do with it. Just some people speculating.

Why did the G&F get rid of the annual hunting license structure that made sense and all states use that I know of?

Who knows what the issue(s) are with our draw this year. Though I wouldn't release anything until the agreement was signed off by the tribe for the west side of 10 as we defiantly can not trust EPO or what they will try to do next. I keep waiting for EPO to come out with a new walk in area that is much bigger then now or an area that is no hunting for everyone but them and their boyfriends that have provided support.

Maybe tomorrow we will start seeing credit card hits. Good Luck to all!

I won't say any names but Muledeerarea33 likes to leave his roadkill crow stuck to the grill of his truck fer a few days before eating it.

• Like 1

I won't say any names but Muledeerarea33 likes to leave his roadkill crow stuck to the grill of his truck fer a few days before eating it.

what, you don't like jerky? And what do you think I feed you every time you come out to my place, beef? Hahahahaha!! Your a coyote eater bud!