FOGGER

Remington Nylon 66

You have no idea how badly I want this rifle! My grandpa and my dad each had one growing up. My dad's is long gone and I can't get the one that was my grandpa's! If only I could convince my wife this was a worthy investment!!

being married sounds awful.

Having your balls in your wife's purse sounds worse

I think it is just called Respect. Good on ya Brian!

• Like 2

These were going for around 169.00. The American Rifleman wrote a article on them and they shot up to 300.00, that's what I gave for mine. The 66 loads from the butt plate. The ones with the clip/mag are a Nylon 77. What a fun gun to shoot.

66 & 77's, bonafide bunny busters! Got them from The Cashbox in Tucson.
I didn't realize cash box was around in the roaring 20's when you were a young lad? I love that place except for the mustache guy.

These were going for around 169.00. The American Rifleman wrote a article on them and they shot up to 300.00, that's what I gave for mine. The 66 loads from the butt plate. The ones with the clip/mag are a Nylon 77. What a fun gun to shoot.

I didn't realize cash box was around in the roaring 20's when you were a young lad? I love that place except for the mustache guy.
Haha, at least I wasn't around for the gay 90's. Yeah wish dad had listened to me and got me that BAR for my birthday, they had all sorts of military rifles, M1, M14. I settled for the '66 and a Kabar.

You have no idea how badly I want this rifle! My grandpa and my dad each had one growing up. My dad's is long gone and I can't get the one that was my grandpa's! If only I could convince my wife this was a worthy investment!!

Hey he's back!

On an elk hunt in the 90's we had all four bulls down on opening day. 3 66's in camp and laying bets on shots, cutting the string on a hanging water bottle etc. We were pissed when the outdoor shop in Williams clipped us for $19 a brick to re-up.

• Like 2

IA born,

It only money, Hillary will print more,these don't come along very often. Find a way, the wife will understand.

• Like 2

Haha, at least I wasn't around for the gay 90's. Yeah wish dad had listened to me and got me that BAR for my birthday, they had all sorts of military rifles, M1, M14. I settled for the '66 and a Kabar.
the 90's were only gay if you wanted them to be haha. As far as your gun choice, the say hindsight is 20/20.

I didn't realize the were worth that much when I gave 2 away, oops

If you find one of these for a good price they are a nice little rifle. You will find them up to 6500 dollars for the black stocked chrome models, I found a trail rider new in the box and it was 4500. The trail rider was my 7 Th b-day present and it still shoots well I think my dad paid $45 for it.

Approximately 26,927 of these rifles were made, and they originally retailed for $59.95.

Two grades of this rifle were available: "The Nylon 76AB Apache Black (approximately 1600 were made of this type), and the Nylon 76MB Mohawk Brown"

This rifle is chambered for a .22LR and has a tubular magazine that opens at the rear of the stock and holds 14 rounds.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/remington-rifles-nylon/remington-nylon-22-lr-m-76-lever-action-rare-blue-with-black-stock-exc-cond-.cfm?gun_id=100683974

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/563368221

Thanks, Mike! I wouldn't trade my marriage for the world and its all about respect for her. I know I'm not the only husband who discusses these things with his wife and I'm far from too proud to admit it. At the same time, the $300 I could spend on that rifle for very personal reasons will take away getting my son his elk/deer rifle and scope and potential taxidermy bills for my daughter's anticipated buck tag. No brainer on that one. A walk down memory lane isn't worth the memories I'll create with other investments.

Good luck with the sale, OP!

• Like 8

I remember the first time I saw one of these. My Aunt was working in Columbus, Ohio on a side of town that wasn't to friendly. Any way my Uncle was telling my Dad that he picked up a .22 to put in my Aunts car, he pulled it out and there it was a 66 in Mohawk Brown. I was about 10 at the time this was probably about 65-66. I think this pretty much started the plastic stock thing.