Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Thinking of moving to camp verde

So, I live in Phoenix. Northern part.

It's come to the point that we're getting out of the rental and looking to buy a property. I'm seriously considering Camp Verde. (I'd still be working in Northern Phoenix, but getting out of the dustbowl onto a river property is worth the 1 hour commute).

Anyone live up there? Are there any downsides to that area? Great town to move to?

Looking for a slow and easy lifestyle in the country. I'm done with 31 years of Phoenix.

• Like 2

I worked and lived in camp verde for a while. It wouldnt be my first or even 10th choice. Would rather live in carefree or new river area on an acre.

If you dont mind the commute, its not any further to go to dewey,prescott valley area. A little nicer place to live in my opinion.

• Like 1

I don't know much about living in Camp Verde but I just moved from Anthem to New River on just over an acre in a custom home and the wife, kids and I could not be happier.

• Like 2

Grandma and many buddies live up there and they love it and it's nice weather good little town and close to the forest. I to live in new River and love it

What rageinthesage said, Nick's house is awesome and on a nice piece of land.

• Like 2

I've been looking in New River.. that was my first choice. I need at least a 4 bedroom and a pool. That's pretty pricey!

I've been looking in New River.. that was my first choice. I need at least a 4 bedroom and a pool. That's pretty pricey!

Good luck in Camp Verde looking for a 4 bedroom and pool!!! Lots of good people there in Camp Verde, small school, great antler country close by plus the river right there!!!

No experience with Camp Verde. But I did the commute thing for about a year. It got old quick. Losing 2+ hours of my life on the road everyday was too much.

Just something to consider.

Good luck!

• Like 4

I like it up there. In my opinion it's a lot like Sierra Vista. Me and my wife would like to end up there in the next five years ourselves.

I like the idea of being closer to elk and flathead fishing. Driving two hours every day would suck though.

So, I live in Phoenix. Northern part.

It's come to the point that we're getting out of the rental and looking to buy a property. I'm seriously considering Camp Verde. (I'd still be working in Northern Phoenix, but getting out of the dustbowl onto a river property is worth the 1 hour commute).

Anyone live up there? Are there any downsides to that area? Great town to move to?

Looking for a slow and easy lifestyle in the country. I'm done with 31 years of Phoenix.

I wouldn't do camp verde. Check out places in Cottonwood. It's better then Camp Verde and your 5 minutes away from 19a, 6b south, and about 30 minutes or less from 6a. Also you'll have a better chance of finding a 4 bedroom w/pool on a acre or more.

By the time you add gas and wear and tear to your vehicle, and marriage(due to less time spent together) sounds like a expensive commute.

I've done about a 2 hour or just under commute every day for almost 10 years. I go thru stages of hating it but I'm used to it. Being able to come home to my piece of the earth makes it worth it.

• Like 1

We usto live in Dewey Went to High school in PV loved it up there. We lived in the country club on the out skirts had the forest right there and was close enough to town to have everything. Would move back in a heart beat if they had my job there