Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Reed

Under Armour pisses off hunting community

The type of thing that happens when a non-hunting business decides tries to make money off of a demographic they don't belong to or understand. I didn't own anything Under Armour prior to this because they make a average to low quality product (equivalent to what you would buy at Walmart) and sell it at a premium price because of their logo. I don't think it works as well in the hunting community because anymore you have several high quality products/companies in the same price point from hunting companies. I certainly wouldn't buy any now!

Some of the stuff they made 10 years ago was actually useful. Now it's overpriced junk that only fits a male supermodel.

eta: I read the article, UA can suck it.......

There's a lot better products that are made hunter specific to choose from. UA just decided money over right, just status quo for big business....

Doubt they will cut ties with the Robertsons of Duck Commander/Duck Dynasty fame. Seems a bit hypocritical after they stuck by Phil over his comments about homosexuality a few years ago...

Just because I wouldn't hunt over bait, doesn't mean nobody should. I support any and all hunters that follow the laws in the region they are hunting. UA can suckered it!

• Like 2

I have a lot of UA stuff. I like it. I will keep buying it.

What I won't do is buy a $250 pair of pants because its the status symbol camo of the day.

• Like 1

Just because I wouldn't hunt over bait, doesn't mean nobody should. I support any and all hunters that follow the laws in the region they are hunting. UA can suckered it!

i agree with you.

I have a lot of UA stuff. I like it. I will keep buying it.

What I won't do is buy a $250 pair of pants because its the status symbol camo of the day.

keep telling yourself those $75 UA pants are as nice as my $150 sitka ascents.

• Like 4

Here is how I see it. Every day we are under attack by the anti hunting groups out there whether it's a hunter or sponsored hunter posing next to an African kill like a hippo/elephant/lion and the back lash is ruthless from the anti hunters and the non educated community. We all know that on those hunts the hunters are conservationist and the money supports the local tribes, herd Blah blah blah. However on this one, The bear kill with a spear I believe went too far. Not that it's illegal or against the regulations but to me it appeared they did this only to up their ratings, film something new. The reason I say that is why would you put a go pro on your spear to film this kill without thinking about the outlash and negative feed back we as hunters already receive from even quick humane kills like using a rifle or bow. We need to be smarter then that and not let ratings or fame or how many likes or hits we get onYouTube be the driving force to do things like this. The video looked bad and the attitude of the hunter showed it all. To get a kill anyway he could on film using a spear. What's next? Throwing knives at the bear. Anyhow my opinion. We are better then that as a hunting community. Oh as far as under armor. I love it and it's all I buy boots socks shoes underwear pants shirts jackets hats. Yes I'm a UA model and will continue to buy it. 😊

Good thing i wear kuiu. I don't agree with UA here, but spearing a baited bear is retarded. It was effective, but still. Have you ever thought when you were hunting "man, I'd sure like to dump out a pile of bait and spear an animal"?

• Like 4

Here is how I see it. Every day we are under attack by the anti hunting groups out there whether it's a hunter or sponsored hunter posing next to an African kill like a hippo/elephant/lion and the back lash is ruthless from the anti hunters and the non educated community. We all know that on those hunts the hunters are conservationist and the money supports the local tribes, herd Blah blah blah. However on this one, The bear kill with a spear I believe went too far. Not that it's illegal or against the regulations but to me it appeared they did this only to up their ratings, film something new. The reason I say that is why would you put a go pro on your spear to film this kill without thinking about the outlash and negative feed back we as hunters already receive from even quick humane kills like using a rifle or bow. We need to be smarter then that and not let ratings or fame or how many likes or hits we get onYouTube be the driving force to do things like this. The video looked bad and the attitude of the hunter showed it all. To get a kill anyway he could on film using a spear. What's next? Throwing knives at the bear. Anyhow my opinion. We are better then that as a hunting community. Oh as far as under armor. I love it and it's all I buy boots socks shoes underwear pants shirts jackets hats. Yes I'm a UA model and will continue to buy it.

i disagree with you but agree also that the only reason were having this conversation is because they were trying to get more likes. he's not even sponsored by UA, its his wife that is. and she's only sponsored by UA because she's women with a nice body.