AzDiamondHeat

I like the little ones...

...They taste better.

so after a week of horrible weather and hiking all over creation NOT hearing any bugles, I was finally able to fill my tag. Not a TROPHY by most standards, but I think ANY archery elk is a trophy.

Funny enough, the first comment I get about the picture is "man, you look tired".

YA THINK?

He was shot at 25 yds. It was an uphill shot and I got him mid chest, but didn't account for the angle. We tracked him for a quarter mile without a drop of blood. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. There wasn't even any blood coming out of his wound. Fortunately it was fairly virgin ground so his prints were pretty easy to follow. Only lost the track once in tall grass for about 10 minutes.

After opening him up the broadhead had gone through one lung and into the bottom of the spine(due to angle). One lung was basically soup. It was crazy. Never found the broadhead so I am assuming it rolled around in his chest blenderising everything. Found all the other arrow parts though.

Shot at 5:30 and to the processor by 9.

bottom line: Success.

post-3913-0-08678900-1474248594_thumb.jpg

• Like 24

congrats, a trophy is defined by the beholder..... crazy not a drop of blood. I had that happen once.

Congrats!

Congratulations on filling your tag. Any elk with an arrow is a great trophy. Glad you hung in there and made your hunt memorable. You alone know what you put into it and i am sure that is all that will matter. Again congratulations, enjoy your trophy you earned it.

Congrats, well done! It's worth the "misery" and fatigue to accomplish such an amazing feat. Again.. well done !