GreyGhost85

"Good to a thousand" mentality??

we took 3 coues this past hunt...720, 600, 620. The 720 was one shot and drop, and the other 2 were 2 shots each. Backstraps were good last night with mushrooms, shrimp, zuchini on the traegar grill....Dang good.

• Like 1

308nut, I would really like to talk to you about your kimber MA 280ai. I sent you a pm a while ago but it may have not gotten to you. Please pm me as I don't want to hijack this thread. Thx

Talked with a fellow hunter today. He has a 1200 yard gun shooting 3" groups. :unsure: WTFE! I guess after you spew bullsh!t for a lifetime you start to believe what comes out of your own mouth. Smile and nod.......

• Like 1

Was thinking about starting a new post about the short range guys. I think it was mulepacker post "packing just becoues?" who shot his deer jumping over a log with an ancient rifle and actually shot it through the head. Nobody said anything????? Is that any better than the long range guys??? I think not. He got lucky.

The buck I killed this year was actually shot on the first day of the hunt. Short range 200 yards or less. I actually questioned the guy day 3 about what he shot at because I watched him but couldn't see the deer the whole thing through. Guy shot and missed than shot again while he was running away. Was sure he hit the deer but couldn't find any blood. He left the next day. Got lucky I caught up to the deer on day 6 before he died from the wound. Nastiest thing I've seen yet.

Long or short range comes down to practice and being proficient with your weapon no matter the range. IMO it's just as bad with the short range guys as the long range guys. Only problem is long range gets the bad rap.

• Like 2

AzDiamondHeat give me 12" at 1000, and i pick the day and the spot. 2 shots 500 a shot

Jake Jaycox

Haha

Here is the B&C statement on long range shooting.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/about/LRS.asp?area=about&ID=6B455080&se=1&te=1

The last sentence from the B&C statement.

"The Club finds that long-range shooting takes unfair advantage of the game animal, effectively eliminates the natural capacity of an animal to use its senses and instincts to detect danger, and demeans the hunter/prey relationship in a way that diminishes the importance and relevance of the animal and the hunt. The Club urges all hunters to think carefully of the consequences of long-range shooting, whether hunting with a rifle, bow, muzzleloader, crossbow, or handgun, and not confuse the purposes and intent of long-range shooting with fair chase hunting. "

As you can read, it has nothing to do with how proficient someone is at shooting. Even if you are more accurate at 1000 yards than the average weekend warrior is at 150 yards, the animal has essentially little to no chance of using its senses to detect you. That is what makes the difference.

• Like 2