Sign in to follow this  
coloradomuley

Leica vs Swarovski 15x

So I am looking at buying a pair of new 15x binos and these seem to be the top dogs has anyone had any experience comparing both in the field. I know the Leica has a rangefinder but that is of little importance to me. So let's hear what you guys think.

It would be the equivalent of buying a BMW or a Mercedes. Can't go wrong with either. Although I think you could get the Swarovski's for about $500 cheaper.

Sir give me a call. I can give you a little more info over the phone. Dave 602-228-1719

Your input would be appreciated by all of us on this forum

• Like 2

I posed the Zeiss vs Swaro 15s question about a year ago and got a mixed bag of answers. I was looking at those two because of my pro deals with both brands. I don't have a Leica pro deal or they would have been in the running. Zeiss was a better price but, in the end, I went with Swaros because I'd used friends' in the field. No regrets at all.

These are some of the reports from CWT people.

1. Swaro hands down the best of the best

2. Right behind it, i mean right behind it!!!! Cabelas Euros

3. Zeiss.

These are some reports of some serious hunters behind glass. Since the Euros are a $1,000 less then the Swaro it was a no brainer for me and no regrets. But everybody is different and there is no right answer. Any, mini, miny, moe and pick one and im sure you will be happy.

If you go swaro get the hd. If not get the euro hd they should be going on sale around Christmas. I never was crazy about the bino/ranger combo on the Leica but my buddy has a pair and they were very handy on a coues rifle hunt. Optically they were sixes with my euros.

I have the Leica Geovids10s with the range finder in them. They are great. Quick to give range as the spotter. I wouldnt ever buy them again. The electronics get old and outdated and out of warranty way before the glass does. Leica offers a 5 year warranty on them, Swaro with range finder I believe is a 2 year. A lot of money for something that will become obsolete or antiquated. The other problem I have with them is the button to activate the laser is on the left side of the binos. Thats not so good for right handed bow hunters. I have Shreck hands so I can extend my right hand finger over and hit the button.

My 15s are Swaro hds. I just upgraded from a pair of Swaro 15s I bought 15 years ago.

^^^ you do have ridiculously large hands!! I cant reach the button on my dads el range with my right hand. It is pretty nice having it built into the binos though. I carry my Leica 1600 with me regardless but when glassing it's handy having him range stuff quickly

• Like 1

I have a pair of the Leica Geovid 15x HD's. I bought them last year on eBay basically brand new for $1850. If you look hard you can find a good deal. These have proven to be priceless when hunting coues and the long range shooting that we do today vs yesterday. I previously used the original 7x Geovids with laser rangefinder but sold these to a friend when I got the 15x. I had the 7x Geovids for close to 20years and never had an issue with them to include any electronics. If I can get close to 20years out of the 15x with no electronic issues, then I will consider that money well spent. It's definitely nice having 15x binos and rangefinder in one package. It does suck having the range button on the left side for sure but definitely not a deal breaker at all in my opinion. Just my 2 cents

If you are looking to get the range finders combo then the EL Swaro's range finders would be my pick. I've got the EL 10x40's and have ranged over 2000 yards. If glassing I use them instead of my big glass and if I want to get a better look at something I get my Swaro spotting scope out.

Just my .02 cents