Sign in to follow this  
Rumhunter84

Sightron scopes ?

Have any of you guys use these or have you looked at them ?

Im able to get one of them at 50% off retail price

Im still looking for a scope for my Rum That Keith at phoenix custom rifles will have done in another month cant wait !!!

Willhunt 4 coues has a lot of experience with sightron scopes Im sure he will chime in soon. Good choice using PCR.

I only hear good things about them. Great price for the glass you get. One down fall people wish they had was a zero stop

I have the SIII 8-32×56 lrmoa and I love it. The glass is extremely clear, the reticle is thin enough to not cover up the target. As I turn the magnification to the high end of the range the picture looses clarity, but to me that seems normal. I generally shoot it at 24x and it is much clearer there than my brothers vortex viper at 20x.

We just put one I picked up from a member here on my daughters rifle. Seems like really good glass for the money, the turrets seems better than our PST on par with my Leupold E/RT and as brighter as my Nightforce.

I have the SIII 6-24x50LR FFP MOA scope on my .260 and I really like it. Great glass for the money and I chose it over vortex viper pst I had. Gets slightly darker at 24 power but no where near as bad as the vortex did.

I also have S-TAC 3-16x42 MOA scope on my 6.5 Grendel and it is great glass for the money as well.

Very happy with both of them and would recommend them.

• Like 1

I have one and the only thing i dont like is the exposed turrets. I made my own caps though and solved the issue. I have a nightforce SHV also that i like. Its noticably heavier but seems more bomb proof.

The SiII tracks flawlessly if you are planning on dialing elevation.

Its night and day above the Vortex PST.

Sightron is garbage at any price right next to that brand that starts with a V and ends with an X. I hear the landfill is full of them, LOL! I don't understand spending good money on a custom gun and then even more on a hunting trip, only to have your optics fail when you need them most. If you can't afford a Leup or a Nightforce, save your money till you can.