Lazy-H98

Card Hits

responses are directly proportional to how many bps one has.I should have all my kids apply , and my wife who definitely could care care less , but hey what the heck,seems to be the thing to do!

Flatlander ,kids who are 10 don't even know whats going on in life yet not less care about a sheep tag. They wouldnt even remember it 10 years down the the line . And as far as You , well You just like to agree to disagree with me and others and I could care less.............BOB!

I do disagree with you a lot lately it seems. Mostly I think that's because I am measured and think through my responses and you seem to respond more emotionally. My wife does the same thing, so I'm used to it. 😉

My point is what makes one generation more entitled to hunt a given species than another? If our predecessors had that thinking we would have never seen recovery of Elk, Antelope, Turkeys, Waterfowl and most of the rest of our current western game. Those species exist today because conservationists at the turn of the century cared enough to help them recover. Not so they could hunt them, but so that we could. Leopoldo hunted during some of the lowest wildlife populations this continent has ever seen. But because he cared enough to put the good of the wildlife ahead of his own desires we in many cases have more now than we ever have before.

It's an attitude shift, we can't be consumed about what we GET from hunting, but what hunting GIVES to everyone. That's the only way the Borth American model works, if everyone brings more than they take away.

• Like 6

responses are directly proportional to how many bps one has.I should have all my kids apply , and my wife who definitely could care care less , but hey what the heck,seems to be the thing to do!

do it then she can pass her tag down to your kid

• Like 1

No harm meant Flatlander. We all have diff. Opinions, but We are all here to hunt. Thanks buddy. Hope You got a tag. i didn't.....BOB!

• Like 1

I drew a deer tag and will be giving it to my grandson. He did not draw a youth tag this year but i will make sure he gets to hunt. He is the future and i will gladly keep him hooked on hunting by giving him my tag.

• Like 4

I drew a deer tag and will be giving it to my grandson. He did not draw a youth tag this year but i will make sure he gets to hunt. He is the future and i will gladly keep him hooked on hunting by giving him my tag.

Agree 100% but might see if he can get a good leftover tag first...then you can both hunt. My daughter' first tag this year...when I told her I drew one too her first reaction was "if you're helping me on my hunt then I get to help you on yours" Good stuff...
  • Like 4

The other thing about kids drawing the tags, is that when they are young they will take it with a rifle. I know a few hunters whose parent put them in when they were young, they killed an ok sheep with a rifle, now when they are adults they have become serious bowhunters. Now, they cannot ever take one with a bow, which might have been their preference.

The other thing about kids drawing the tags, is that when they are young they will take it with a rifle. I know a few hunters whose parent put them in when they were young, they killed an ok sheep with a rifle, now when they are adults they have become serious bowhunters. Now, they cannot ever take one with a bow, which might have been their preference.

What a problem for a kid to have. Didn't know there was a thing as an ok sheep. :)

TJ

• Like 4

What a problem for a kid to have. Didn't know there was a thing as an ok sheep. :)

TJ

i need therapy and a safe space

• Like 2

I'd rather kill a ok sheep with a gun as a kid then never even have a chance as an adult, and you can kill two sheep in az in a lifetime, so that kid would still have a possible chance with a bow. Save me a spot in the safe space

• Like 3

Just wondering if anyone has been hit today. My dad is waiting to see if maybe , just maybe there is still a chance for him. I drew for my wife and I. I am pretty stoked at that :)

I wish I was the kid that got to kill an Ok sheep as a kid. So for the guys that don't think kids should be able to draw the good tags. Then at what age should a person have to be to not buy a bonus point and actually join the draw?

• Like 1

With 20pts I will never complete my az big 10, I guess the 9 is gonna have to be good enough

With 20pts I will never complete my az big 10, I guess the 9 is gonna have to be good enough

I'm in the same boat. :(

TJ

• Like 1