Sign in to follow this  
azruger

2017 DOVE!!!

Went out by my house and only got 4 but did manage to get 5 cottontails so gonna make some red chili. HeII i like rabbit meat a heII of a lot better anyways

Went out with my cousin and 2 nephews today. I think the 4 of us were about tied with Adam yesterday. Not an exact count, and Adam has the single person high score still, but we had a blast. I had 2 whitewings and 68 Eurasians. I had 2 catches out of the air, a one handed shot, and 1 double bird for a single shell. 82 shots.

Saw Hoghunter, Sherman, and one of their buds out there, and they were slaying them too. Saw Mike make a couple one-sided shots too.

Here are a few of mine.

20170902_084500_zpszzesjw9v.jpg

• Like 8

My nephew is 4 for 4 so far! It's a little slower than yesterday, but cooler too.

• Like 1

Went out with my cousin and 2 nephews today. I think the 4 of us were about tied with Adam yesterday. Not an exact count, and Adam has the single person high score still, but we had a blast. I had 2 whitewings and 68 Eurasians. I had 2 catches out of the air, a one handed shot, and 1 double bird for a single shell. 82 shots.

Saw Hoghunter, Sherman, and one of their buds out there, and they were slaying them too. Saw Mike make a couple one-sided shots too.

Here are a few of mine.20170902_084500_zpszzesjw9v.jpg

Nice meeting you out there my shoulder is a bit sore after 125 rounds lol

• Like 3

Someone needs to let me know where the is... :)

I have a case of shells ready and willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good...

We had five limits by 8 today. I got to introduce a kid to dove hunting today as well. He had a limit by 7:55. Great day!!!!!!

We cooked some fresh Dove bites for a celebration feast!

post-1205-0-52998400-1504464213_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-80690200-1504464226_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-15377300-1504464239_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-46176200-1504468160_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was out with Big Browns and one of our limits was my son's first official dove out of the air. After the hunt we grilled up some dove bites. Great morning!!!

• Like 3

Congrats on the success guys im now on day 3 of hunting 5 hourdays, and have yet to get my limit. Even with all 3 days combined..the Avra Valley area is super slow this year.any and all advice is appreciated as its hard to keep an eight year old entertained with a bird an hour kinda hunt.

• Like 1

I think it's slow everywhere!! Cooler temps have driven the birds out.. we have managed decent numbers but nothing compared to last year. Headed out in the morning again to see if we can add more to the freezer..

• Like 1

Interesting its been so slow for a lot of you guys. I've been out twice, limit each time in about an hour near tucson.seeing great numbers. And I'm hunting the desert,nowhere near farms or fi elds