Beaton

What do you guys think?

This happened to me once when I was just a kid. Put a deer down only to find Darrell and his other cousin Darrell at my deer ready to murder me and hide the body.

Move on and keep hunting.

• Like 3

I think your buddy is the luckiest SOB on the planet as you got to shoot an elk and morally get to hunt more and shoot another one.

Dude needs to put away his butthurt and realize what he has been given. TWO friggin elk hunts for the price of one!

Butthurt ?? I didn't read that part. Sounded like he was just asking fellow hunters what they thought. You sound butthurt you didn't draw a tag..... I'm assuming you've never been in a situation similar to this one based on your lack of empathy...

• Like 1

He's not butthurt believe me! He gets to hunt still. He may find another bull and tag it or he may not. This is about ethics. When you know you made a fatal shot on a bull and you get there and there's a guy with it with an arrow stuck in his antler and one in his gut and you see you shot right behind the shoulder I think he is taking it quite well. As for me I would have not taken this as well as he did. Believe me you wouldnt be happy if it happened to you.

I think your buddy is the luckiest SOB on the planet as you got to shoot an elk and morally get to hunt more and shoot another one.

Dude needs to put away his butthurt and realize what he has been given. TWO friggin elk hunts for the price of one!

Really? Smh

• Like 1

Identical thing happened to me on a muzzleloader antelope hunt a good number of years ago. I ended up going home empty handed. Talked to g and f about it and they were not interested. I feel your pain!

Really? Smh

Why?

He's not butthurt believe me! He gets to hunt still. He may find another bull and tag it or he may not. This is about ethics. When you know you made a fatal shot on a bull and you get there and there's a guy with it with an arrow stuck in his antler and one in his gut and you see you shot right behind the shoulder I think he is taking it quite well. As for me I would have not taken this as well as he did. Believe me you wouldnt be happy if it happened to you.

I would have been upset too. But as others have said there is nothing he can do so go out and enjoy another hunt.

I guess I should have said I think the other dude is a douche and am ABSOLUTELY not defending the action.

Unfortunately your right he can't do much about it. As far as posting a picture of the hunter that's his decision. He has the picture I'll ask him If He wants to post it. Az Diamond heat I know your not defending the action of the other hunter.

Unfortunately your right he can't do much about it. As far as posting a picture of the hunter that's his decision. He has the picture I'll ask him If He wants to post it. Az Diamond heat I know your not defending the action of the other hunter.

I was actually trying to be funny as there really isn't anything he can do about it and should look at it in a positive way.

I guess my kids are right...I'm not very funny.

Just read this and my first thought was that a beautiful trophy elk was treated with such disrespect.

The bull deserved much better. The world is way to completive and goal driven. Having a guide suggests that he may be a out of stater and perceived this hunt as a once in a lifetime deal and couldn't stand going home emptyhanded.

No way am I condoning his actions, but sometimes we put "SUCCESS" in front of ethics.

Can only imagine that bull unable to run and being shot so poorly by this "HUNTER" lets hope he was already gone.

Best of luck to all you real hunters this elk season.

Not exactly what started this thread but years ago my wife and I were hunting in 36B whitetail. I heard shooting in the next canyon and watched a buck come over a crest and run down the mountain right toward us. I shot it and within a half hour there were 2 more hunters showing up, one of them saying they had shot it first. They "offered" to watch it while we went for the truck. I said "that's okay, it's only a 100 pound buck, we can handle it." I had a little trust issue and bad feelings about the whole scenario. We carried/dragged the deer back to a road and hid it when we were outa sight from the others and went for the truck. That night, about 9:00, here they come into my camp (we parked WAY off the road). We were inside the tent watching them spinning the hanging deer with their truck headlights on it. They wanted to see if there was another hole in it, AGAIN. I had my S&W 44 mag on but my coat concealed it and walked toward them. I finally had it with them and told them it's MY deer, I shot it and that's it. Didn't get much sleep that night and left early the next day.