Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

An Early Monsoon!?!

I spent the better part of the week camping up at Big Lake with my son's boy scout troop. Through yesterday, we hadn't had any substantial downpours, but had several light showers. We actually broke camp and headed home yesterday (Friday) afternoon instead of this morning (Saturday) because we were told a big storm was supposed to hit last night and continue through the day today. Breaking camp in the rain sucks. I am curios if that storm actually happened.
While up there I probably looked over at least 50 different bulls. I thought they looked pretty good and weren't showing any major drought signs. I'll post a few pictures.
post-6408-0-42524700-1529159493_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-90179300-1529159522_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-34256900-1529159544_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-84300700-1529159562_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Been raining pretty good. Just went grocery shopping, and Columbus is running heavy with water, and many of the streets on the downslope side are as well. Traffic sucked.

Staying indoors, and making a big crock pot full of homemade Chili. It's one of those days.

• Like 1

Still raining here. Got up and looked out the window and my youngest son is outside with my baby girl, she's butt naked in the rain climbing around on the go kart.

• Like 2

Approx 1/4". Still lightly raining, ahhhh

• Like 1

Still raining here. Got up and looked out the window and my youngest son is outside with my baby girl, she's butt naked in the rain climbing around on the go kart.

Hopefully, she doesn't know how to start it. LOL.

Great morning for a ride! Very rare opportunity to enjoy a drive in the desert in mid-June!! So got up early and headed out. Was a cool 68 degrees when I pulled up.

Anyone guess where I was? I know, too easy! :)

post-8895-0-74566600-1529168930_thumb.jpeg

post-8895-0-52264800-1529168966_thumb.jpeg

post-8895-0-93113600-1529168994_thumb.jpeg

post-8895-0-71567300-1529169024_thumb.jpeg

24B

Too easy! :)

Nice morning in the desert. With the drizzle and the sweet smell of the creosote bush in the air....no complaints!

• Like 2

Drove through a deluge about an hour ago in Chandler

24B

Too easy! :)

Nice morning in the desert. With the drizzle and the sweet smell of the creosote bush in the air....no complaints!

Oh I love the smell of creosote in the air with the rains.
  • Like 1

Still raining in Flagstaff. Only thing that smells better than creosote in the rain is Pine trees in the rain.

• Like 3