Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

An Early Monsoon!?!

And now the realization sets in probably no more rain for 3 weeks. I sure hope I'm wrong!

I sure hope you're way off, time will tell

I sure hope I am also. It was nice to have rain this early. It will be a good refreshing reprieve for the wild game.

Received about 668 drops in gilbert.

I was near Warner and McQueen and it rained for about 30 minutes starting about 9:30.

Im up on mcqueen and guad, guess it didnt make it up here. Lol

Guadalupe and Cooper here...the pavement got wet, but that's about it. The gutters didn't even run.

7/10" at my house. People in nothern Cochise county got over an inch. Does anybody else think that early germination of weed and grass seeds could be a bad thing? Like seeds get wet, germinate, start to grow, and then die with the 2-3 weeks of no more rain. Or is that a non-concern since most grasses are already rooted and in place but just dormant?

7/10" at my house. People in nothern Cochise county got over an inch. Does anybody else think that early germination of weed and grass seeds could be a bad thing? Like seeds get wet, germinate, start to grow, and then die with the 2-3 weeks of no more rain. Or is that a non-concern since most grasses are already rooted and in place but just dormant?

Depends on the plant whether annual or biannual. No matter what the rain is a good thing. Hopefully more to come in just a couple weeks.

• Like 2

Tough question since you're in the Chihuahuan Desert, totally different from every other ecosystem in the state.

Depends on the plant whether annual or biannual. No matter what the rain is a good thing. Hopefully more to come in just a couple weeks.

I have not heard the term biannual are you referring to biennial?

Biannual means twice a year

Ooooohhh... so you mean bicentennial?

This 6/15-9/30 monsoon bs drives me nuts. What beauracratic pinhead thought you could put a date on it?

That nonsense aside, I have been watching the morning dewpoints slowly climb upward. That's the main indicator of monsoon, not some superficial timeline. I blame Hillary and her ilk.

• Like 2

Monsoon didn't last past early August last year. At least for the Tucson area.

Looks like another sweat fest by the end of the week, with rising temps. Ugh!

• Like 1

This 6/15-9/30 monsoon bs drives me nuts. What beauracratic pinhead thought you could put a date on it?

That nonsense aside, I have been watching the morning dewpoints slowly climb upward. That's the main indicator of monsoon, not some superficial timeline. I blame Hillary and her ilk.

I nominate you for the monsoon committee. ⛈🌦🌩
  • Like 4

Ooooohhh... so you mean bicentennial?

Oops my bad, I meant to says annuals and bisexuals.

• Like 2