PowellSixO

Cost to paint a house (Exterior)??

28 minutes ago, muleybowhunter said:

diy i did my house bought samples and found a color we liked, payed a helper and only had about 500 in to it

I did the same thing but cost around 700 since I rented a sprayer at Home Depot. It turned out great and I’m not a painter. 

• Like 1

Adam, I feel your pain. Years ago I painted my house, rented a sprayer, scraped, painted primer. The whole nine yards. I bought the paint and chose a sample color called Desert Rose. When it dried it looked like Pepto Bismol pink.

Much brighter and darker than the sample was in the store. But when I put it up along side of the house it matched perfectly.

And remember when painting stucco, the rougher the texture it will make the color loom darker than it already is due to the tiny little holes and shadows etc.

24 minutes ago, Varamand said:

Wow, I didn't expect it to cost you that much. I thought it would cost between $ 2,000 and $ 3,000. Of course, you can find both cheaper and more expensive. It all depends on the quality of the paint, as well as the work done .. Probably everything passed very cool since such a high price

Another one.  Go away.

The prep work is everything when it comes to a re-paint.  Power washing, caulking, scraping, sanding helps make the finished product look good and holds up longer.  If they don't spend any time prepping and get right into the painting, it's not going to hold up in the long run.

I wouldn't put any cheap paint on my house.  Make sure they use quality paint. Better to spend a little more now then have to redo it in a few years.

DIY.  use the best paint you can.  Roll alittle bit each weekend. I have done this several times.   The trick is to paint more often then you think,  this eliminates the prep work.   Just power wash one weekend. And start rolling from a 5 gal bucket!   Plus you can listen to as many hunting podcasts as you want and the wife can’t have a say! 

• Like 4

Just figure .90 cents a square foot home, 2000 square foot home is $1,800