davehc130

People and game cameras.

Just thought I’d get on and complain some more so AZDIAMONDinHeat could tell me how dumb I am......This time I’D like to thank the stupid guy that decided that he needed to check hid game camera opening day of elk season AT PRIME TIME.  Not my tag but the guy I was helping was sitting the hole,   Truck parked 1/2 mile on road up from tank so this idiot drives his quad right past the truck up to the tank walks down to check camera.  Buddy gets out of blind and asks what he is doing.   Says he is checking his camera!!! Really??? prime time just prior to sunset and he needs to check his camera NOW!!!! Just another reason I hate trail cameras.  Jerk could have checked camera at noon or atleast had the common courtesy not to drive in to a tank that had a truck park near it at prime time.......unbelievable.    Did I mention I hate trail cams.....

Well you made your point without insulting a bunch of people and name calling members so I can agree with you on this.  

• Like 3

I don't run cameras & really don't like them, but to each is own. I had the same thing happen on a deer hunt few years ago. 4 guys came in to a waterhole we hiked into 2 miles from the nearest road to set up their cameras. They had no idea we were sitting there watching them screw around for over an hour. They were walking around making all kinds of noise & got within 10 yards of us & never saw us.

It was kind of comical how they were so close to us & had no idea we were there. It sucks when they are out setting up cams & checking them when seasons are open. It's public land & you just got to roll with the punches I guess. 

People drive me nuts too, but, each and every time I have ever had an issue with another hunter, it has been close to the road. So, instead of blaming the peolle, I usually revert back to blaming myself for hunting near a road. 

• Like 6

Feel your frustration-- I don't use cameras . A vehicle can be parked anywhere on public land , if you are not near it or able to make contact with whomever is  out and about on public land to let them know what you are doing , they have no clue why it is there . I have seen signs posted-- sitting water hole --I will be hunting said area on so and so date , the list goes on  etc .

It is what it is--public land . 

39 minutes ago, chico said:

Feel your frustration-- I don't use cameras . A vehicle can be parked anywhere on public land , if you are not near it or able to make contact with whomever is  out and about on public land to let them know what you are doing , they have no clue why it is there . I have seen signs posted-- sitting water hole --I will be hunting said area on so and so date , the list goes on  etc .

It is what it is--public land . 

For some reason those damm signs irritate me.  Used to always see notes posted in blinds that were made in 5bn during archery elk “reserved for so n so” those fing blinds had been there for yrs. 

• Like 1

I hate people crying about cameras and nobody seems to care that hunters are setting their camps right on top of tanks,  This morning I went into one of my areas and found a camp set right next to the tank.  I have yet to see one of those camera infested areas, but every year I see people camping on the waterholes.  I do not know if my experiences are that different than what other hunters are experiencing.  There is a real world reason why the law exists.  If azgfd won't enforce the law and people break the law willfully knowing azgfd is pathetic and not enforcing the laws, than what good are the laws and why does azgfd exist? 

I don't have an elk archery tag so it isn't directly affecting me right now, but when my hunt comes, do I hurry up and set my camp on the tank before somebody else does?  If azgfd will not enforce the laws, what laws do we follow?  

• Like 2

Hey Dave, I agree with you on this. That was a D move for him to do that.

As others have said, further from roads reduces these encounters.

• Like 2

Pretty low move for sure.  Probably a guide?  I own several cams, but I know when season is, so I make an effort not to piss people off!

Ill be the 1st to say that I Run cameras year round, however I don't have any on tanks, just crossings and seeps, so I don't deal with people. Only seen one person in 4 years and they were just walking by unaware.  But I will agree with you on this one common curtsy has gone out the window with most. It seems like as time goes on were our own worst enemy.  I would be pretty ticked if I were you guys as well that was a low blow and agree could of done it at noon and or the day prior. heck could of even got up earlier and been the 1st on in. Unfortunately The choices of few effects the lives of many and it sends a ripple effect. The whole stealing and disrespect shouldn't be coming from within its pretty sad to think about how bad some outdoorsmen treat others. Good luck everyone on your hunts sorry this happened to you and your buddy.