trphyhntr

Obscure Places With Great Taxidermy in AZ

So far the three that I can think of have been named.  Hensley's had a lot more up than what's there now. In the late 90s early 2000s they had some real monsters.  Two that I can think of have been taken back from the owners.  Back then, some in the hunting community would display their trophies for a while there.

• Like 1

The Zoo club in Flagstaff.  Got kicked out one night when I decided to climb a tree to dust the turkey mounts.  Good times in the 80’s.  Does that place still exist?

I don't know if it's still there, Circle Q Western Wear in Flagstaff, AZ.

NATIVE in show low-a good friends 403 bull hangs out there.  been a while but what about garys' Witch Well bar?

then there is a good sized barn in linden that some here have heard of.  all the cabelas and bass pro shops combined can't come close to matching whats in that barn.

anybody remember peterson's sporting goods or that goettl's a/c shop on main street in mesa?

lee

2 hours ago, Saguaro said:

So far the three that I can think of have been named.  Hensley's had a lot more up than what's there now. In the late 90s early 2000s they had some real monsters.  Two that I can think of have been taken back from the owners.  Back then, some in the hunting community would display their trophies for a while there.

Right on I wasn’t sure if it was still open I haven’t been there since like 2003 but I used to think that was so cool. I always wondered if those deer were from around there or from kaibab or strip. 

There is a Tire shop in Globe across from a Pawn shop that has some heads in it. From what I was told the tire place used to be a Hardware store, and the family was hunters.

16 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

its not any help if you dont know where theyre at or what theyre called. shake my head. 

Agreed. I had to do some back tracking and google. It was actually Seligman and not Ashfork. Place was called the Roadkill Cafe. 

• Like 1

The Buckhorn Mineral Wells Motel on Main and Recker in Mesa had some incredible displays. It’s shut down now, but I always wondered what happened to all those trophies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Kirkland bar.  They are the owner Herbs bucks. He killed them off his ranch in Bisbee.

the Kirkland bar and Steakhouse. Thats Larrys uncle, he has a ton of mounts in that place. we (kid and I) have eaten there a few times awsum food.

well worth the trip especially if there still open as last year it was forsale. should be eating there in a few weeks when archery deer season opens again.

added link

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/arizona/az-remote-restaurant-kirkland/