Sign in to follow this  
TOBY

Here we go

Next thing you know....fishing........and then the list goes on and on.......great article talking about exactly what we are dealing with....thanks for posting, I'm gonna be writing some letters to that reporter and Doug Ducey.......Yavapai county........huge coyote population area, they have no idea!!!!

They have no clue. Just going on feelz.........That's the problem with liberals, "I don't want you to do it so you shouldn't".

• Like 2

I am a traditional hunter and strongly believe in fair chase. Also strongly believe fair chaise does not apply to coyotes.   That said, in this day and age killing contests like this have very bad optics.

• Sad 1

Cute title. HERE WE GO!. Actually a more appropriate title would be Here we go AGAIN. Since this has been coming around every 7-8 years since the early 90's.

“Target animals for these contests..... and (in areas where they are not protected) wolves.” Is there any area in az where wolves are not protected or are they just spewing non sense and lies? I know some guys who’ll kill 4-5 coyotes in a weekend and not be in a contest, they won’t be banned. The last varmint contest I was in, the winner killed 3-4. We took third with 3. How will stopping contests stop the killing of predators? 

They made yote hunting contest illegal back in 1994 somewhere there about, was a big mess and in the paper in stuff. Peta fags got involved as usual. Contest meaning prize money giving.

they already been trying to stop Bass tournys they have been doing so since the 90's.

53 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Cute title. HERE WE GO!. Actually a more appropriate title would be Here we go AGAIN. Since this has been coming around every 7-8 years since the early 90's.

Copy the link and rename it yourself if you dont like it. Just putting it out there to be seen.

• Like 1

Not a badly written article, just omits a lot of facts. In the section "How to deal with too many predators" the author surmises, "That can be a legitimate concern, but the Arizona Game and Fish Department has trained biologists who can make a determination about whether predator populations need to be reduced. They can do it strategically." 

Well, they used to before like-thinking minds determined that taking out coyotes from a helicopter, and often G&F working with local hunters to do so, was also deemed unethical. So the author has posited a vague solution, with no actual practical alternatives. How exactly would they suggest to "do it strategically"?

The article also fails to mention anything about low recruitment rates of antelope fawns in the spring are due primarily to coyote predation. If the people the author is trying to appeal to could see a pack of coyotes follow a pregnant pronghorn until she gives birth only to see the young fawn eaten, many times along with the mother in her vulnerable state, they might start to see the other side of the coin. 

As always we're in a propaganda war. Whoever appeals to people with rhetoric, usually ends up getting more people on their side. Hopefully, pro-hunting organizations can effectively provide a more compelling, accurate argument that will resonate with people as effectively as those like the author of this article.

• Like 3

Here is an example of lefty common sense?  Tucson has a feral cat problem so they spent tax payers money catching, spaying, and releasing.  LOL😎    Can you believe that some with a packrat problem trap rats and take them down the road and release them.  LOL😜

Once again, consider the source....AZCentral.  Using their dwindling readership to spread and promote their liberal agendas.  I can't believe that rag is still in business.

Their real goal is to stop all predator hunting. 

• Like 1

Photos of a hundred dead coyotes in a pile, displayed on social media and all over the internet really helps their cause.

Not very bright in my opinion .

• Like 3

4 hours ago, photofool said:

Photos of a hundred dead coyotes in a pile, displayed on social media and all over the internet really helps their cause.

Not very bright in my opinion .

As long as they use those kills to spell  

PETA SUCKS who cares ;)