Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Sig 2400ABS vs G7 BR2?

I am looking to purchase one of these but cannot decide on which one. Does anyone have any experience with both? I am not real worried about the actual rangefinder capabilities as i am ease of use and accuracy with the ballistic program. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I had the G7 and now use the kilo 2400.  I 100% recommend the Sig.  Feel free to call me with any questions.

Adam

29 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I am looking to purchase one of these but cannot decide on which one. Does anyone have any experience with both? I am not real worried about the actual rangefinder capabilities as i am ease of use and accuracy with the ballistic program. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I’m in the same boat 

16 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

I had the G7 and now use the kilo 2400.  I 100% recommend the Sig.  Feel free to call me with any questions.

Adam

I agree. Used a g7 for about 15 minutes and it didn’t compare at all to my sig.

Wow that is surprising to hear the difference between the G7 and Sig, 

While I have never used the G7 or the Kilo 2400, I do have the Sig Kilo 2200LRH, I sold my Leica 1600B as it didn't provide an angle/degree corrected line of sight - the Leica was better rangefinder than the Kilo 2200 (but more expensive also).

I am going to upgrade and just about ruled in the G7. 

17 hours ago, Eagle mountain ranch said:

You guys crack me up with all this new bullish!t , I’ll continue to use my good old trusty Leica , and kill every year . If that don’t work I’ll lick my thumb and put lead in the air. 

Not everyone is as good as you are at hunting.  Some of us need to take advantage of the technology out there.  Be careful licking your thumb....

• Haha 3

I actually have a Leica 1600B that I use more than the G7 BR2.  But....I just got the G7 this year.  I still need to see all the features of the G7.

• Like 1

grab one and use it and go verify. I use s G7 BR2 and love it. If someone will buy me the other i would use it also. I know the one I use has never let me down so far.

• Like 2

I have used the BR2 since it first became available. Never let me down.  A lot faster in hunting situations  than the exbal programs that we  used before. Have not had a reason to try anything else. Not saying that the new ones are not better   but if it ain't broke I ain't going to fix it !! 

I dunno anything about the G7 but love my 2400abs.  So much faster then my Leica on the ranging end, and obviously the ballistics calculator is a whole new ballgame.   I personllay picked it over the g7 due to one hand use and a vertical handhold over horizontal.  Had an old bushnell years ago that was horizontal and it was a pain in the butt.  

• Like 1

I have the sig and a swaro but have used my buddies lieca as well, Swaro is a back up sig is awesome.  

Sorry to sidetrack this topic, but can anyone tell me the functional difference of sigs ABS system vs the BDX?  BDX is in was cheaper units, is it just a bargain, non name brand version of the same thing?  I was really hoping sig would come out with a bino that does the same thing as the 2400abs but the 3000bdx seems limited in function.   Any ideas?  How about the new Zeiss binos?  Are the similar to the 2400 abs in function but in a bino version?  Not looking for pre fab ballistic curves but rather exact real time data like AB system gives.