CatfishKev

Do we really need a border wall?

Do we really need a wall?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. With the shutdown going can't help but wonder what opinions are of the subject. A wall could work maybe but would a lot of Border Agents lose jobs? On a smaller scale you might still have to consider wildlife such as Jaguars. What do you guys think is the best approach?

• Build a giant physical wall.
    • A high tech wall With more sensors, night vision cams and blimps similar to what we have in Sierra Vista, supported by more Border agents
    • Hire more Border Agents

Not sure we need more agents, when their time is wasted going to the rescue of someone who goes and pushes the blue light button.  What a waste of time and resources.  Shoot out all the blue lights and the agents can devote their time to better things.

• Like 1

I had a little chat with a guy who worked the border for a long time. He came from a black ops background and spent years fighting the "dirty little war" down there, along with his brothers. This guy had his face smashed in with a rock, lost his brother to the fight. It's a lot more intense than what we are generally privy to. It's a tough situation down there, and we don't hear about the 95% of things that don't make the news.

• Like 4

A  friend of mine who is a cop in Payson just did a drug  bust and caught $730,000 worth of drugs in the trunk of a guys car.  The drug cartel is live and well.  Maybe a wall would help.

But I understand the plight of the Mexican people. The cartel runs rampant down there and a lot of people just come up here to try to escape their death grip. In the town where I stayed last summer the cartel came in and shot 15 boys, who ran drugs for them. While we were on our way down there  they found eight man hanging from a bridge in a nearby town. A lot of people just want to get away from that cartel lifestyle and I can understand their wanting to up here. I think the solution would be for the military to help the Mexican government take on the cartel.  There needs to be a soft war against the drug runners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

A  friend of mine who is a cop in Payson just did a drug  bust and caught $730,000 worth of drugs in the trunk of a guys car.  The drug cartel is live and well.  Maybe a wall would help.

But I understand the plight of the Mexican people. The cartel runs rampant down there and a lot of people just come up here to try to escape their death grip. In the town where I stayed last summer the cartel came in and shot 15 boys, who ran drugs for them. While we were on our way down there  they found eight man hanging from a bridge in a nearby town. A lot of people just want to get away from that cartel lifestyle and I can understand their wanting to up here. I think the solution would be for the military to help the Mexican government take on the cartel.  There needs to be a soft war against the drug runners.

Explain a soft war?

2 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Explain a soft war?

Military support, to kill cartel kingpins and workers.

• Like 1

Legalize it all. Take away the demand and let the junkies kill each other off. 

5 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Explain a soft war?

We aint really trying very hard.   Dems want voters, Repubs want cheap labor.  Politicians want slaves and stupid people.  We cant help the Mexican army, they belong to the cartels.  We need a wall, a crocodile moat and spy satellite on the border.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Make drugs legal 

My libertarian mind agrees with this some what.  Let people destroy themselves if they want.  If there wasn’t a demand,  there wouldn’t be a supply.  Our drug problem is self inflicted anyways.  

• Like 1

Have you seen the schit the liberals in, I believe California have done? Safe places to shoot up, supplied with medical professionals, clean needles etc. That is an embarrassment!

• Like 3

Imagine all the tax revenue legalizing weed would make. Probably enough to refill the social security fund! Not to mention make it harder for kids to get.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Imagine all the tax revenue legalizing weed would make. Probably enough to refill the social security fund! Not to mention make it harder for kids to get.

Interesting point. Ask a 15-16 year old if it's harder to get pot or beer. Even though it's in every corner gas station, every super market, they still have to find someone with an ID. Pot, on the other hand is readily available in every school in this country. It's pretty scary, but as parents we have to talk about these things with our kids. At some point I've asked each of my 3 sons, how accessible drugs are in school. All three have said they could buy literally anything from pot, to meth, cocaine, oxycodone, MDMA (Molly), X (ectacy) before lunch. 

That's how well our war on drugs has done - all the lives lost, billions of dollars, and every school in America is a virtual pharmacy with grade school kids turning pusher.

I'm not taking a stand here one way or the other as far as legalization - I'm just saying what we are doing now is not stopping or even slowing down the access to drugs. What we as parents can and should do is educate our kids about the dangers. Diminish the demand. As long as there is demand, there will by someone to provide the "supply" half of the equation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Coach said:

Interesting point. Ask a 15-16 year old if it's harder to get pot or beer. Even though it's in every corner gas station, every super market, they still have to find someone with an ID. Pot, on the other hand is readily available in every school in this country. It's pretty scary, but as parents we have to talk about these things with our kids. At some point I've asked each of my 3 sons, how accessible drugs are in school. All three have said they could buy literally anything from pot, to meth, cocaine, oxycodone, MDMA (Molly), X (ectacy) before lunch. 

That's how well our war on drugs has done - all the lives lost, billions of dollars, and every school in America is a virtual pharmacy with grade school kids turning pusher.

I'm not taking a stand here one way or the other as far as legalization - I'm just saying what we are doing now is not stopping or even slowing down the access to drugs. What we as parents can and should do is educate our kids about the dangers. Diminish the demand. As long as there is demand, there will by someone to provide the "supply" half of the equation.

Exactly my point.  As a youngster it was easier to get drugs then booze. Drug dealers don't card, people who have liquor and weed licenses (where legal) absolutely 100% do!

• Like 1