wildwoody

Major winter storm to hit high country

Daughter just texted from Payson. The power is out. Thankful that I put a woodstove in their house and they have a couple of cords of seasoned firewood. How do people with gas and electric heat survive the night?

• Like 2

Was just a matter of time before the power went out with this much snow.  Extra crews were on standby up there, so hopefully it gets fixed quickly.  Crazy storm, quite a bit of snow out in the 7 springs area as well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Daughter just texted from Payson. The power is out. Thankful that I put a woodstove in their house and they have a couple of cords of seasoned firewood. How do people with gas and electric heat survive the night?

Fireplace?

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣 poverty beer. I dont drink that nasty crap. That's one that was left in my truck from a friend. I keep beer on hand and he keeps Snickers on hand, when one of us acts up we throw the appropriate cure at the other 🤣🤣 it's been snowing all day here but like I said the neighbor might have a foot more then us here. This neighborhood is whackadoodle like that. 

20190221_194416.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Blankets?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ringer said:

Just like camping on dec whitetail hunts...

• Like 2

Just got done plowing the county yard for 12 hrs in Flagstaff. Start at one end, by the time I finished you couldn't even tell it had been plowed. Had to do it like three times. Lots of good moisture though.

• Like 4

They say 6" more for payson and center of storm is moving over Showlow.. Here you go lakeside

58 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Where were you when this one happened?

7D314B77-4CA4-4A59-AAC5-EB6425ECF8EF.thumb.jpeg.f6b4e565c0b8973aa8f304b86f3a830c.jpeg

Neither of my parents were old enough to even dream of a kid like me at that time 🤣🤣🤣 I was here when that freak storm in like April or may happened though. I moved from Colorado and this Arizona snow dont mess around

• Like 1

One of the biggest I've seen was late March - 06 or 07. Think someone already had pix of it. Nobody was expecting it. It was a warm spring and out of nowhere we got about 3 feet in a weekend. I've got some pix around someplace. I always hear about the big storm way back when folks in Hon'dah were making tunnels. Can't corroborate it though. 

• Like 2