AZ8

Roosevelt

Getting boat ready, gonna hit it right after these next storms.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, Adicted said:

I'm headed to Alamo next week few days...Will post update also

Sooo did you actually go?  I'm in need of an update,  but  I suspect that even Alamo hasnt begun to turn on yet in  this crazy spring.

• Like 1

I'm trying to hold off the excitement until the lake stabilizes, but can't resist. 

Just this last week alone, she's up 7 vertical feet in elevation and 101,000 acre-feet in volume. Lots of things to be optimistic about at Roosevelt.

I've got a good feeling I'll be breaking the mold of mediocre-at-best crappie fishing ol' Rosey has been producing the last 7 years. Can't wait, good luck and take some kids fishing when it kicks off if you can. They won't forget it. 

20180209_123651.jpg

• Like 8

My #1 tip would be wait. I'm going to scout for an anticipated late coues hunt instead based on the conditions and I'm itching to fish.

Although, going out scouting and GPSing some structure at Roosevelt was a consideration. The lake will come up another 10-15 feet minimum and the fish will be spawning in what you can see above the water this weekend. Similar GPS points could be used to anchor at night in June with lights which can produce a big catch. 

• Like 1

Disclaimer, the above "scout for structure" comment is coming from a guy that doesn't run much technology in his sonar.

Scout the brushy looking mesquite that’s at water line right now and mark it. You will be good in 3 weeks. 

• Like 1