Sign in to follow this  
azelkhunter69

Taxidermist

I was lucky enough to draw a tag this year and would like to get it mounted, if I shoot something worthy.  Looking for suggestions in Phoenix or Camp Verde.  Would rather not drive all the way to Flag.  I would like to visit some of them and check out their work long before the season starts so I will be prepared.  Thanks.

I would use Mike Vaccaro with A Head of the Game taxidermy.  I have known him for years and he has completed a javelina, coues, and elk for me, which all turned out great.  I currently have a mule deer with him as well.  All of the animals have been done in a reasonable time and again, turned out great. 

• Like 4

Verde Valley Taxidermy (in camp verde) does really nice work from their show room although I've never used them, However we shot a couple of antelope in the last few years out of 10 and took a chance of Authentic taxidermy in Chino. We liked him (Troy), and his work enough to make him our only taxidermist now and we live in the east valley. Worth the drive. for us  He's done a 2nd goat for us, a couple of pigs, badger and has a bear for us now along with a 2 from our buddies.  He's just a great guy, super creative and accommodating and has a great wood guy that compliments his work.  Happy to share pictures if you would like.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

plus one for Mike at A Head of the Game/. He has done 4 deer, a caribou, antelope, desert bighorn, bison and a full mount lion for me.  Very good work, reasonable price and good turnaround.

• Like 3

+1 for Mike Vaccaro at Head of the Game.  Has done an antelope, javelina and a couple european mule deer.    I have found everything already mentioned about him to be true.

• Like 3

May I suggest taking a look at the ones that sponsor the site?  I have mounts from one and have seen lots of mounts from the other and they do great professional work!

• Like 1

All the post above sound great, But I see no evidence their skill, or cost. How about the picture ,  equals 1000 words? This photo is of my trophy room. Yes, I mounted them all in my shop.    price $450.IMG_0925.thumb.JPG.bad0254db6bef32224ae6e9637f2a0df.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

Seeker really nice looking mounts.  where are you located?

And bone collector I love that mount. I posted a couple that authentic taxidermy did for us after I saw yours  

we just got a bear rug back from him as well. So far I'm really happy with with his work and him.