PRDATR

Dental Work

Well, just pulled the trigger on $5k worth of work in Mexico between myself and my wife. The Dentist is Dr. Martinez in Naco, the place has been there since we've lived here with tons of locals here going to this office.  Never heard any horror stories from this place in the 20 years weve been here so i feel we are in good hands.  Weve been going to this place last couple years and have a pretty good report with the guy which also helps.  Yotebuster definitely put the fear of God into me with Mexico dentists in general so I will keep this thread updated whether good or bad.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Well, just pulled the trigger on $5k worth of work in Mexico between myself and my wife. The Dentist is Dr. Martinez in Naco, the place has been there since we've lived here with tons of locals here going to this office.  Never heard any horror stories from this place in the 20 years weve been here so i feel we are in good hands.  Weve been going to this place last couple years and have a pretty good report with the guy which also helps.  Yotebuster definitely put the fear of God into me with Mexico dentists in general so I will keep this thread updated whether good or bad.  

I’m honestly curious how things work out. If you can get X-ray pics with your cell phone before and after as well as a pic of your treatment plan I’d love to see it out of curiosity.  You can PM me if you don’t wanna plaster pics of your teeth on here!  Hope it all works out and it’s seamless for you!  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, HuntHarder said:

Plus, if you are a good dentist, you surround yourself with hot hygienists and assistants. 

Dr. Slyvka in Marana must be THE best then. His ladies are hot as helll.

• Haha 1

A friend had implants done in RP to show his girlfriend it was safe for her.  He looked like his bull dog in the face, and they didn’t give him pain meds or antibiotics. He was miserable for two weeks after he saw an American dentist for treatment to correct it. A lady who worked for me who went to Nacadoshius( sp check)  had her two front implants drop out at work.  I’ll keep practicing good oral hygiene a stick to American dentists.  Lavate los dientes!

25 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Just to save everyone the trouble.  :D

Eddie

DHS.PNG

The ladies a few years ago were more gooder.

15 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I've seen some beautiful work come from Mx, I also usually see the absolute worst. I've seen bridges and crowns that are over 3mm out of occlusion. I'm working with a guy now that had 3 crowns done for only $1k. problem is 2 of the 3 have severe open margins and will have decay within the month and need to be replaced, AND they splinted them all together so either he needs to go back to Mx and have them all replaced or spend a little money to have them done right.  If I had done work like that I would be reported to the board within the month. 

One thing that is for absolute certain. Dentists get a bad rap, and sometimes for good reason, just like most professions there are bad apples, and it is difficult to know who to trust. but at least in the US the real bad apples don't keep their license for very long. Then they go to Mexico to practice.   Kev if you are moving up here I'll take a look at give you a second opinion, or evaluate the work you get done.  I'm busy enough I don't need more work but Ill help you and your family.  

Houston

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I've seen some beautiful work come from Mx, I also usually see the absolute worst. I've seen bridges and crowns that are over 3mm out of occlusion. I'm working with a guy now that had 3 crowns done for only $1k. problem is 2 of the 3 have severe open margins and will have decay within the month and need to be replaced, AND they splinted them all together so either he needs to go back to Mx and have them all replaced or spend a little money to have them done right.  If I had done work like that I would be reported to the board within the month. 

One thing that is for absolute certain. Dentists get a bad rap, and sometimes for good reason, just like most professions there are bad apples, and it is difficult to know who to trust. but at least in the US the real bad apples don't keep their license for very long. Then they go to Mexico to practice.   Kev if you are moving up here I'll take a look at give you a second opinion, or evaluate the work you get done.  I'm busy enough I don't need more work but Ill help you and your family.  

Houston

What Houston lacks being a bad coues, elk and muley hunter, he makes up for in being a great dentist!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I would never let Houston anywhere near my teeth. I've seen where his hands have been.

I don't work on dentures anyway. Sorry Damon :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

I don't work on dentures anyway. Sorry Damon :)

Houston for the win!!!

But I will still eat your BBQ. It is tender enough to gum....

5 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Houston

Thanks man I appreciate that.  I'll probably take you up on the offer once we get settled. I know my 12 year old is gonna need some work. 

6 hours ago, hiepdang7491 said:

i See in your country, the cost for teeth treatment is so expensive, 

in asian countries the cost is much cheaper

Even some foreigner go to vietnam for dental treatment

We are one dentist in vietnam named Bedental that u can consider

235A5D53-CD4A-4FE4-9409-F17E010CB3D7.gif.516ad320b074148f1098c6225ae2b8d5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2