DCMHunter

Max Bonus points

145 res. people with 26-30 BP. I have 25 and didnt draw last year. I put in 9 and 10.  . 19A good if you can secure Perkins or Granite Dells. My friend took this Buck in 19A in 1998. Net 88"

image047.jpg

2 minutes ago, muley224 said:

145 res. people with 26-30 BP. I have 25 and didnt draw last year. I put in 9 and 10.  . 19A good if you can secure Perkins or Granite Dells. My friend took this Buck in 19A in 1998. Net 88"

image047.jpg

1998 19a and 2020 19a might aswell be in different universes.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, tontotom said:

Unit 1 is loaded with small bucks and a few big ones. Not unlike most other units. The 2 units have really poor rainfall over the last 10 years coupled with 40 acre development. Not ideal for recruitment or herd building. The tag reduction may help? The 2 units typically have long, thin horn with small cutters. Impressive to see but don't score well. A couple years ago a hunter asked for access to our ranch to hunt a "sure fire" book buck. I wasn't aware of any that big but he assured me he was seeing them- Opening day he killed a really pretty 14" buck that would go 75".

Thanks for granting him access anyway. It seems to get harder and harder every year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oz31p said:

1998 19a and 2020 19a might aswell be in different universes.

Din't say the quality was still there. Not much pressure if you hunt the ranches.

You can Go Hunt Wyoming every  Year cheap if you must have an Antelope while you are waiting to draw here. ..........BOB!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Burn em!  Should be able to get just about any hunt you want.  

I don’t think that gets you the red desert as max is 14 going into 2020

21 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

I don’t think that gets you the red desert as max is 14 going into 2020

Could draw 57, 64 or 68.  Would’ve been enough for 61 a couple years ago but they cut the tags in half last year.  Good reason to not wait around.  He’ll never have the points to draw 60 but a book buck can come from any of those units.  

43 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Could draw 57, 64 or 68.  Would’ve been enough for 61 a couple years ago but they cut the tags in half last year.  Good reason to not wait around.  He’ll never have the points to draw 60 but a book buck can come from any of those units.  

Anyone have any recommendations on where I should apply with 5 points in Wyoming? Not concerned with a trophy unit just want good public access. I feel I can dig up a good buck if I have a lot of public land to cover. Any information appreciated as this is my first time applying for WY. 

4 minutes ago, CWpredator said:

Anyone have any recommendations on where I should apply with 5 points in Wyoming? Not concerned with a trophy unit just want good public access. I feel I can dig up a good buck if I have a lot of public land to cover. Any information appreciated as this is my first time applying for WY. 

Lotsa units with good public access in that tier.  I would get OnX for your phone if you don’t already have it.  Combine that with a gohunt or hunterstrailhead membership and you can cruise through and find a unit that works for you and you can draw.  Remember to search for units that could be drawn with 4pts last year as that’s what you had if you want a guarantee.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 654321 said:

Had 11 and didn't get drawn

Did you buy your point after the draw?   A lot of people are figuring out they didn’t issue points in the draw if you didn’t get drawn.  You had to go back and purchase your point. 

• Like 1