Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

What’s the deal with Hoyt

I think bow technology has met its pinnacle. Any improvements to performance are now minuscule. Most bows today are pretty equal in performance and the only way to sell a bow is to focus on the cosmetics of each bow. It’s all marketing hype now.

Still shooting my 2009 Bear Archery Truth 2. I don’t buy into the bow hype! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I didn’t know they did that. That’s crazy. 

I've seen it too many times to believe that anyone really shoots what they say they do. No joke watch someone pack a Mathews and a PSE into the tree, shoot with the PSE but take pics with a Mathews hat on and the Mathews bow. It's pretty sad actually. But it's a money thing and the company doing so doesnt really care if it's true or not cuz hunting isnt about hunting anymore. It's about attention, likes, and awesome stories and staged pics. 

I really dont believe one bow is better then the next. Just like pickups, Dodge people will never accept that a Ford may be just as good. But if you give a Dodge guy a brand new Ford every year along with free gas and his own podcast, hes prolly gonna pretend that Ford is the best truck on the planet. 

I've shot a Hoyt Charger for 6 years, I love it. My best friend killed a mule deer with no joke a 30 year old Mathews. Our theory is if it works and gets the job done it's good enough. But whatever we killed with, is what's in the pics. 

The only person I've ever heard talk up the Ted Nugent ammo, is Ted Nugent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

I really like the content that Dudley puts out, helped me out a ton. I understood from his 30 minute long explanation on the change was the he will have engineering power at PSE that he didn't have with Hoyt. He had a few cool ideas on this first bow they are doing but I'm interested in what he does on a full ground up build. I like the fact that PSE is here in AZ and made in America so I would like to shoot and try what he comes up with. Hopefully he will do a 35 plus ata

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I really like the content that Dudley puts out, helped me out a ton. I understood from his 30 minute long explanation on the change was the he will have engineering power at PSE that he didn't have with Hoyt. He had a few cool ideas on this first bow they are doing but I'm interested in what he does on a full ground up build. I like the fact that PSE is here in AZ and made in America so I would like to shoot and try what he comes up with. Hopefully he will do a 35 plus ata

I think one of the things I admired about PSE was that when they announced the move to Arizona I remember reading they would have jobs waiting for any employees who wanted to maek the move with them.

Well, people change jobs.  Contracts expire, offers are made, etc.  

it’s the big leagues.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:36 AM, Nikki.AWHounds said:

I've seen it too many times to believe that anyone really shoots what they say they do. No joke watch someone pack a Mathews and a PSE into the tree, shoot with the PSE but take pics with a Mathews hat on and the Mathews bow. It's pretty sad actually. But it's a money thing and the company doing so doesnt really care if it's true or not cuz hunting isnt about hunting anymore. It's about attention, likes, and awesome stories and staged pics. 

I really dont believe one bow is better then the next. Just like pickups, Dodge people will never accept that a Ford may be just as good. But if you give a Dodge guy a brand new Ford every year along with free gas and his own podcast, hes prolly gonna pretend that Ford is the best truck on the planet. 

I've shot a Hoyt Charger for 6 years, I love it. My best friend killed a mule deer with no joke a 30 year old Mathews. Our theory is if it works and gets the job done it's good enough. But whatever we killed with, is what's in the pics. 

The only person I've ever heard talk up the Ted Nugent ammo, is Ted Nugent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

So you're saying that a company pays the hunter,  sponsors (free gear), possibly pays for peoples hunts, and they carry two bows to hunt with?  That doesn't make any sense to me???  

• Like 1

I  shot Hoyts for 20 years but they priced me right out of the market. I just bought an Obsession Turmoil and was surprised at how well it handled. A third less money and every bit as accurate and faster.

Still have a Hoyt  just in case this Turmoil blows up. I have never had issues with a Hoyt.🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

So you're saying that a company pays the hunter,  sponsors (free gear), possibly pays for peoples hunts, and they carry two bows to hunt with?  That doesn't make any sense to me???  

I am not saying that is how it happens every time with every pro staff, but it does happen. I'm sure other guides have seen it themselves. It isnt really a new thing but now there are more pro staffs and more companies and more of a calling for people posting lots of pics with a certain bow or product there. It makes a lot of sense when you think about personal preference. The company and followers dont know any different because they see the pics and read the story and they dont know any different. But it probably happens a lot more then people think. It's not really that big of a deal. But it does happen. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, AZ8 said:

I think bow technology has met its pinnacle. Any improvements to performance are now minuscule. Most bows today are pretty equal in performance and the only way to sell a bow is to focus on the cosmetics of each bow. It’s all marketing hype now.

Still shooting my 2009 Bear Archery Truth 2. I don’t buy into the bow hype! 

This is why I have gone in the opposite direction for the most part.  I shoot recurves with 50's era technology.  Not much has changed with a recurve since then.  Ya, theres ILF and different materials for strings and bows but as far as performance goes I'll bet my 1960 Kodiak will spit arrows as well as any trad bow made in this century.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

Kinda like mission bows. A few if the major bow techs just left matthews and started their  own line

I’m pretty sure Matt McPherson owns mission as well.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

+1.  He eluded to the change in his year end Nock On podcast that he had some ideas that Hoyt was not quite on board with.  He also has a plan to try and bring in new people to the archery world.  Although lengthy, his podcast with Pete painted the picture of the vision both he and PSE share.  BTW-PSE has been around for 50 years.  

'96 PSE Nova

'18 Bear Marshall

11 hours ago, Lazy-H98 said:

+1.  He eluded to the change in his year end Nock On podcast that he had some ideas that Hoyt was not quite on board with.  He also has a plan to try and bring in new people to the archery world.  Although lengthy, his podcast with Pete painted the picture of the vision both he and PSE share.  BTW-PSE has been around for 50 years.  

'96 PSE Nova

'18 Bear Marshall

My first ever bow and hunting experience was with a Nova. Had no clue what i was doing.  I missed a lot of deer with that bow!