elecshoc

Effects of the virus scare?

10 minutes ago, elkslare said:

Up here in Redmond Washington it is getting worse and  worse.  Restaurants are closing because of lack of customers. Small businesses  are starting to shut down,  lack of customers. 

Governor Inslee has closed all schools in the state of Washington. K-12 and all colleges. Also gatherings over 250 people are Banned state wide. Inslee Urging people to self distance

themselves to 6 feet in public.  I work at a small retail business in Redmond we are now surrounded by at least 3 nursing homes with corona virus, with in a couple miles. Business has 

come to a grinding halt. We are cutting down now on open business days. Lack of customers.   "Rush hour traffic"  don't know what that is any more.    That's a good thing.

I have little more time now, so thumping the hills with my new puppy to learn new hunting areas.  Have been really enjoying that

Zeek.jpg

Not much better than the Old dog teaching the pup the ropes. 

• Like 1

I understand but this is insane.   The world is changing its course for this virus due to fear alone.   

Little fact for you.   Currently this percentage of AZ has tested positive for COVID-19..........     0.0000012195%

Last year according to the CDC there were 35 million cases of the flu, 490,000 hospitalizations and 34,200 deaths from the flu in the US last year.   

So, if COVID 19 got 1000 times worse it would catch up to a normal year of the flu.   I find this so very interesting.   

Went to sportsmans today to pick up some reloading stuff. Starting to limit ammo purchases again. Glad I already have everything I need. The ol lady had to start hoarding tampons though…..

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, elkslare said:

Up here in Redmond Washington it is getting worse and  worse.  Restaurants are closing because of lack of customers. Small businesses  are starting to shut down,  lack of customers. 

Governor Inslee has closed all schools in the state of Washington. K-12 and all colleges. Also gatherings over 250 people are Banned state wide. Inslee Urging people to self distance

themselves to 6 feet in public.  I work at a small retail business in Redmond we are now surrounded by at least 3 nursing homes with corona virus, with in a couple miles. Business has 

come to a grinding halt. We are cutting down now on open business days. Lack of customers.   "Rush hour traffic"  don't know what that is any more.    That's a good thing.

I have little more time now, so thumping the hills with my new puppy to learn new hunting areas.  Have been really enjoying that

Zeek.jpg

Thanks for the update. I appreciate this, good to hear your taken care up there.   To those of us in none volatile areas it hard to imagine the repercussions of all of this and to be able to get a candid view from our sportsman's community is something I'm grateful and thank you for.  

These post are what I was hoping to learn and see from this thread.  Right now its hard to work through all the partisan rhetoric coming from both sides to get a real view of whats happening in other parts of the country and world.  

Ya see, the real conspiracy is skinny people tying to kill off us old fat bastards.  Dang you skinny people!

I hope your at least smart enough to recognize a real joke.

Edited by MT_Sourdough

My Princess Cruise was cancelled, didn’t really bother me that much about them canceling. But they did give me a huge refund, 225% back on what I spend.. already booked two more Cruises with the extra money. 

• Like 2

chucks' soapbox

sted on 03.13.2020

Survival

Our nation - and for that matter, every other nation on the face of the planet - is in a state of anxiety, confusion and bewilderment about the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic that has caught even the most technologically advanced nations on earth totally unprepared to deal with it.

It is my belief that China refused to admit that they had a catastrophic problem until infected Chinese citizens, had traveled and disbursed around the world spreading the virus, thereby owning the lion’s share of the blame for our present-day situation.

But let’s stay on the pragmatic side and deal with the ramifications, review the mistakes the world health apparatus and politicians have made in dealing with it, in hopes never to make them again.

First of all, you can’t deal with something you don’t know about and China’s failure to acknowledge and inform about the coronavirus cost a lot of valuable time, when a few days in the laboratories for the best and brightest around the world could have shortened the time to develop a cure and therapeutic drugs to treat those already infected.

We have known for many years that the potential for a deadly flu with pandemic capabilities could come along and we should have been much better prepared to deal with it, with a backlog of drugs, medical supplies and sanitary products, etc...

China’s silence delayed the time for lifesaving containment protocols to be implemented and manufactured and delivery dates for vital testing kits, and diagnostic tools our Heath experts so desperately need.

Politicians on either side of the aisle who try to score points on this national tragedy only prove they care more about the health of their party than they do about the health of the people and should be remembered as such when the polls open.

I knew that we were dependent on China for way too many products, but when I found out we were dependent on them for so many of the vital drugs we need, I was totally shocked.

Who, what politicians, what companies, or what unholy alliance of the two would place the health and welfare of this whole nation into the hands of a communist regime whose main goal is replacing the USA as the leading economy in the world.

There was gain of some kind involved, follow the money, follow the power and it will eventually lead to the board rooms and back rooms where politicians and business tycoons with dirty hands and dirtier hearts practice their own particular brand of treason, yes treason, in this case tantamount to turning the manufacturing of our military’s munitions over to the Russians and depending on them delivering it intact and on time. 

Putting the manufacturing and shipment of drugs that Americans need to live is a form of treason in my book and the parties responsible should be identified and disgraced for selling the welfare of America.

The United States of America depending on any other nation for anything as critical as medicine is downright dumb and an ever-present threat to national security.

There is a lesson to be learned here, over the years, high tax rates caused American businesses to outsource so much manufacturing to China that our economies have become so entwined and so much money made off the cheap Chinese labor that we have basically turned a blind eye to what our enabling of an oppressive communist government has accomplished for them.

The Chinese military grows in strength and threat every day, using the enormous profits from Sino-American trade deals to maintain the largest and technologically armed, standing army the world has ever known.

It’s time for America to adopt an “If we use it here, we should produce it here” attitude.

For the first time in modern times, thanks to the common sense and foresight of Donald Trump, America is energy independent, our economy no longer has to depend on the largess of Saudi Arabia or any other nation who hates our guts.

Now it’s time for America to bring it all back home.

If we use it here, it should be made here.

Oh, and by the way, the Chinese government is now saying that America caused the pandemic.

No way, Jose - or Xi - or whoever is responsible for this farce, it originated in China, you let it fester, you didn’t inform a vulnerable world about it. You own it.

Period...

What do you think? 

Pray for our troops our police and the peace of Jerusalem. 

God Bless America 

— Charlie Daniels

• Like 2

Im LMAO while taking a dump, using all my Kirkland toilet paper on my newly waxed duck taped butt.

25 minutes ago, Delw said:

love the wipe and wax one best ever!!!!!!!!!!

8B0CD65F-1F9F-44BA-9D77-6A59BE6414B1.jpeg

8FAB66F5-8EE1-465C-A7A1-B370B395EA9A.jpeg

89251315_3063310967064936_7560217454094319616_n.jpg

Then you'd love this video. Ever wonder how to use that single square of tp in an MRE? They did teach this in bootcamp.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDCMUCnzAB_ZApO3WrYE79N9cT0A&feature=share&playnext=1