Yeah....everyone that lives in a city is a “citiot”. Let’s just shut em all down and see what happens. More of the BIG fires are started by lightening or people that are wood wise than anything else. “Citiots” tend to stay in (and trash) campgrounds, rather than getting off the grid in high risk areas. I grew up in a very small mountain town and the bias gets more ridiculous every year. Small towns would not exist if it wasn’t for visitors. Jagged pill to swallow for some but it is the truth. If Payson blocked all roads in and out, it would no longer be a town in a matter of months. 

• Like 7

I apologized, but it is a fact and we agreed to disagree about percentage of human to lightning. ; I respect you not picking a fight and never said don't come up. But a bypass would be nice. Now we could talk trash left in the woods.. Anyway sounds like are looking good with the fire.. 

10 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Yeah....everyone that lives in a city is a “citiot”. Let’s just shut em all down and see what happens. More of the BIG fires are started by lightening or people that are wood wise than anything else. “Citiots” tend to stay in (and trash) campgrounds, rather than getting off the grid in high risk areas. I grew up in a very small mountain town and the bias gets more ridiculous every year. Small towns would not exist if it wasn’t for visitors. Jagged pill to swallow for some but it is the truth. If Payson blocked all roads in and out, it would no longer be a town in a matter of months. 

I think that sums it up pretty well. I use to live in the city and visit the woods. Now I live in the woods I use to visit. Driving around the woods its hard to see all the trash and the fires left burning, but the I realized the huge pile of trash wasn't hauled up from Phoenix and the last fire was started by some neighbors welding. We are surrounded by idiots.

• Like 1

Sorry to everyone I pissed off yesterday. Wasn't my intention.. Looking good down by the lake. Thank god

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Sorry to everyone I pissed off yesterday. Wasn't my intention.. Looking good down by the lake. Thank god

No harm, no foul.

I met wildwoody today regarding an item I was selling on here.  Good guy!  Thanks ww for the purchase. 

citiots.png

• Like 4

This is probably an unpopular opinion but accidents don't always equal idiots. The lady that was lost for a couple days and started a singal fire for example, isnt that what you are supposed to do? When she was rescued, as I recall, the fire was very manageable at that time and was left to be  dealt with by another crew and by the time they got there it was unmanageable. The rescue helicopter probably fanned the flames as they flew away!   This guy driving back from Payson and his car catches fire....kind of hard to blame him, shoot happens. He didn't punch a hole in his gas tank and flip a cigarette in it.   The out of work fire fighter on the res....that's an idiot.    I would guess every 3rd car coming down 260 is some dude in birkenstocks, or suckencocks as I call them, that are ill equipt to handle a situation but that's just how it is, but luckily they don't cause too much damage other than driving in the left lane.   My .02 anyway. 

Thanks to all the firefighters. Bad asses! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jdown said:

The rescue helicopter probably fanned the flames as they flew away! 

I remember the News footage and that is exactly what happened.

• Like 1

Never said all accidents are caused by idiots, but I was taught 99% of accidents can be avoided if common sense is used. New day I'm good to each his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Bush Fire Map June 20, 2020

They say open green spots with in the lines will burn and connect all the center. Tons of great hunting ground gone, for now anyway. Dang Prias

Just got another fire up by the house. "Central Fire" just a stones throw from New River. 250 acres and going.

Can we just stop with the fires for a couple of days?

• Like 2

One more fire near 1-17 and you wont be able to leave the valley north. Anyone know when the Beeline will re-open? 

1 hour ago, AverageJoe said:

One more fire near 1-17 and you wont be able to leave the valley north. Anyone know when the Beeline will re-open? 

B LIne will open about Mid Week

• Like 2