Sign in to follow this  
Rombo

Royal Slammer

My son’s Merriams from this spring to complete his Grand Slam and US (all from United States) Royal Slam.  He harvested this bird in Unit 1 on the Junior hunt.  Last year he harvested his Arizona Gould’s with a crossbow, an Osceola in central Florida, his Eastern in eastern Kansas and his Rio in central Kansas.  Quite an achievement for an Eleven year old.  I didn’t complete my first Royal until I was forty!!

F96EC6C1-AF1E-4D52-9503-0F98AB0CE5EE.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Fantastic!  Great job Kiddo!

Hats off to Dad cause that's a lot of work.  Easy to do with such a spectacular goal in mind!

He'll be forever grateful of this accomplishment, even more so as the years go by.

Great Job, Ya its taking Me 64 years too and I just have my Grand slam . Was going for Royal this year and Covid hit and Flight to Florida for Osceolla got cancelled. Next spring I hope.  Again Congrats to the Young Man!........................BOB!

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

35 and I've never kilt a turkey. 

Same. Never seemed worth the expense and drive for 2 meals.  Although I've always wanted too. Now we plan moving north next summer so we will start chasing them. 

On 8/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, firstcoueswas80 said:

35 and I've never kilt a turkey. 

Me neither, but I got a few years on you. I guess it's time to get after some birds. 

29 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Me neither, but I got a few years on you. I guess it's time to get after some birds. 

I've actually only "really" turkey hunted once. It was a blast. Light rain, several times we snuck to within yards of elk. Had enough close calls with a couple toms. It was awesome.