naturebob

NBA Walkout!

I’ve been a big sports fan all my life, but no more!   I’ll watch college football, basketball, and baseball.....unless they turn that into a political thing too.  I’m done with the pro level!    I hope they all go bankrupt

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

NFL and NBA "African American" players probably make up over 80% of team makeup. 

I was going to add this in jest but forgot. If there was a quota in either league, it would have to be for white dudes. 🤣

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I was going to add this in jest but forgot. If there was a quota in either league, it would have to be for white dudes. 🤣

I remember back when the power plant was working up in Page....they had a quota and ......well ......... it wasn't necessarily as per skill, ability or showing up to work.....

16 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I remember back when the power plant was working up in Page....they had a quota and ......well ......... it wasn't necessarily as per skill, ability or showing up to work.....

Hey, it's all about diversity, ya know. 🙃

I agree with everything said,but I am just a dumb white rancher.While I am on my rant I can't believe the city of Phx folded,and paid the shoplifting family 475 thousand.All that taught them was to do it again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

NBA hasn't been relevant since Jordan retired. 

I actually attended the first Suns game at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum with part owners Andy Williams and Bobbi Gentry there. I was never an NBA fan per se, but I was a Suns fan since then through the Nash era.  Thus, I rarely watched any games unless the Suns were involved. Once Nash left the Suns, I left the NBA.

As for the NFL, I have watched the Cardinals and Super Bowl a few times, but I do enjoy watching college football.

I also was once a fairly avid D'backs fan but have cooled over the last two years. I haven't watched one game in 2020.

• Like 2

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?  Some people are casting blame before the facts are in.  And the media does not report the real story any more because they want to use the blacks to stir up to make the president look bad.  The blacks and other suckers are being used by the leftists to promote their agenda, abolish the constitution.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I actually attended the first Suns game at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum with part owners Andy Williams and Bobbi Gentry there. I was never an NBA fan per se, but I was a Suns fan since then through the Nash era.  Thus, I rarely watched any games unless the Suns were involved. Once Nash left the Suns, I left the NBA.

As for the NFL, I have watched the Cardinals and Super Bowl a few times, but I do enjoy watching college football.

I also was once a fairly avid D'backs fan but have cooled over the last two years. I haven't watched one game in 2020.

I actually attended the last suns game at the madhouse on McDowell. On the floor, Suns vs trailblazers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I actually attended the last suns game at the madhouse on McDowell. On the floor, Suns vs trailblazers.

I think they moved in 1992 or '93. You must have been fairly young, huh?

I spent a lot more time at the Madhouse to watch the Phoenix Roadrunners. Even had two front row season tickets one year.

I had Suns season tickets back at the Mad House on McDowell ,and about 5 years in the new arena. Wouldn't pay them prices any more. Haven't been to a Suns game in 18-20 years now and won't..................BOB!

• Like 1

The NBA lost me when players attacked some fans in Detroit years ago.  Bunch of thugs.  MLB lost me for a long time when those millionaires went on strike while ticket prices kept getting jacked up.  F'n crybabies.  I've been a big football fan all my life , but when "that looser" knelt during the antham and the owners didn't put a quick stop to that, I think the owners lost control of what they had built.  Now, I hope everyone of the owners goes bankrupt and the spoiled millionaires  fade into obscurity and learn how to say "Do you want fries with that?"  I watched sports to enjoy a GAME, not have someone else's politics forced on me.  #Not on my dime, asshats.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?  Some people are casting blame before the facts are in.  And the media does not report the real story any more because they want to use the blacks to stir up to make the president look bad.  The blacks and other suckers are being used by the leftists to promote their agenda, abolish the constitution.

I totally agree, but you didn't post the liberal masked emoji.

Pro sports is entertainment, nothing more.  I am disapointed that pro athletes and owners have chosen to be political.  Hopefully college sports will not follow the path of the pros.  I'll not spend a dime or watch any team that chooses to protest.   Looks like the D-backs chose to not play today in support of current protest, too bad.

• Like 4

image.png.638f2d5ff369da60b06a265ef8afd710.png

• Like 3