Green Bullet

1st Coues, finally....

Long story short, had a few misses last year on the early rifle hunt down south.  Figured out I had a loose ring on my scope.   That boiled in my gut for a year and got lucky drew the same tag again.  Got it done this time.

This year the early early rifle hunt was extra hot.   Didn't see any big bucks.....on day 1 we saw the buck I harvested on a ridge bedded with a doe.  I looked him over quite a bit and decided to pass.    Eyes were playing tricks on me because he was pretty heavy.  I keep looking for that 3rd point LOL.

Day two was tough, lots of deer but only dinks.  Three of us had tags so we decided hey lets go back to that ridge and put something on the ground to get momentum.   If you can believe this, that buck and doe were bedded under the exact same tree.  I had plenty of time to get situated and shot him in his bed at 477 yards.

Later that evening my other partner shot a small 3pt.

Fun hunt.  Wish it was a little cooler though.  

My buck is the large 2pt on the left.

IMG_3720.thumb.JPEG.bfef7fc4323974c4fd9786db305b3003.JPEG

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Man that buck is nice and heavy, great work and thanks for posting!

he did have some decent mass on him.  I was really looking him over on day 1 but I guess I had a vision of a nice heavy 3 point.  for a first buck I'll take him and now I have a baseline to try and improve upon.   I really enjoy Coues hunting.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:50 PM, Green Bullet said:

Long story short, had a few misses last year on the early rifle hunt down south.  Figured out I had a loose ring on my scope.   That boiled in my gut for a year and got lucky drew the same tag again.  Got it done this time.

This year the early early rifle hunt was extra hot.   Didn't see any big bucks.....on day 1 we saw the buck I harvested on a ridge bedded with a doe.  I looked him over quite a bit and decided to pass.    Eyes were playing tricks on me because he was pretty heavy.  I keep looking for that 3rd point LOL.

Day two was tough, lots of deer but only dinks.  Three of us had tags so we decided hey lets go back to that ridge and put something on the ground to get momentum.   If you can believe this, that buck and doe were bedded under the exact same tree.  I had plenty of time to get situated and shot him in his bed at 477 yards.

Later that evening my other partner shot a small 3pt.

Fun hunt.  Wish it was a little cooler though.  

My buck is the large 2pt on the left.

IMG_3720.thumb.JPEG.bfef7fc4323974c4fd9786db305b3003.JPEG

Looks like a good hunt. Congrats 

• Like 1