Ok for real, enough with the panic buying already. I walked through sportsmen’s today while picking up winter clothes for our late Kaibab hunt. Of course, almost nothing on the shelves. I expected that.

Then I thought to check my safe stock for the rest of hunting season. At the beginning of the season I always buy enough for that year’s hunts. With one hunt left in the season I was good.

So I decided to check online for my usual rounds that I run in each rifle to assess the situation. Not good. There isn’t anything anywhere.

If the entire world is sold out of .243 and 7mm-08, I am hesitant to even guess how long the shortages could last. Holy heck people, calm down. The system isn’t made to handle what we’ve put it through.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Good post. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to find out it was coueswhitetailers that bought the whole worlds supply of ammo. 

Probably see tons of green and yellow boxes posted up here for $5/rnd shortly 

2 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Probably see tons of green and yellow boxes posted up here for $5/rnd shortly 

in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king. 

• Like 1

On a good note, I finally got my chicken coop coyote/dog proof with chain link fence, rock under the fence line with pipe along the bottom. Buried excess chain link all the way around 2' out from the fence plus wire on the top.

This all came about last winter after my coop got murdered........but my chicks I hatched out this spring have finally started laying eggs :) will trade for ammo!!!!

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Somebody already posted a box of 223 for $1/each 

FMJ no less. Didn’t last more than a couple hours 

And now it is toilet paper again.  I guess all of the people who are watching the election are shi1ting their pants.  Even Biden is now going to have to come out of his bunker and wake up and work.  O sh1t! 🤭😷

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

FMJ no less. Didn’t last more than a couple hours 

I was in the sportsman's warehouse at I 17/101 looking for some ammo to break in a new pistol they had 13,000 rounds of Federal 9mm fmj, it was gone before they closed the same day.

I shared this sentiment in a post about 2 months ago and was called every name in the book at that I was idiot and shouldn't complain and should be better prepared even though I wasn't looking for anything  and wasn't complaining etc but will share again.  Every major ammo manufacturer has had at least 2 20% increases in cost and obviously double down on the most popular production runs making all that more difficult to find hunting ammo. The supply chain works of we don't f it up.   Happy ammo hunting 

I’m not gonna lie, been doing some panic buying the last few days.... I may not have enough TP to make it through the next round of “14 days to slow the curve” but I will have plenty of pew pew.  But I agree, we need to take a deep breath

I have TP ,paper towels and ammo.  Just worried about the aluminum can shortage disrupting the beer supply chain now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guilty as charged...but the pending election made me notice I was far below my usual par levels so it was a natural restock for me and not exactly panic. I guess the only panic for me is to beat the next price surge.