dcshorthairs

Housing in Payson

Wow the price of homes in and around Payson is nuts! Wondering if anyone here has a rental or is planning on selling in the next 3 months. Potential job opportunity has me looking. Sure could use any help. Been driving around looking, Facebook, and realtors so far. Hoping to find maybe one that’s a hidden gem. Thanks everyone. 

Good luck man.  That is the main thing holding me back from accepting a position with my company up there.  The home prices and weekend traffic leave little to be desired.  I have not completely ruled it out, but have passed a couple opportunities because of it.

Just now, HuntHarder said:

Good luck man.  That is the main thing holding me back from accepting a position with my company up there.  The home prices and weekend traffic leave little to be desired.  I have not completely ruled it out, but have passed a couple opportunities because of it.

Thanks for the reply. It’s tough. The market is not for buyers. We drove the entire town yesterday and didn’t find much in our price range. I can’t believe an old double wide with no land is going for $250k. I sure was hoping someone on here has a lead. I have 2 kids and my wife’s business to take down so need 1500sq ft to be comfortable. Would like to have a place for my 14ft boat and travel trailer. It’s all in Gods hands for me. It would be a good move if it can happen. Hard to believe you have to turn a job down due to housing ain’t it. 

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Are you from Cal?  Payson is trashed now from California folks, just like the rest of the  valley.  Good luck on your new venture in life, Payson is nice but not like it used to be. 

Ha no. But I have heard exactly what you are saying though

• Like 1

give it a few months. The housing market is set for a major downturn when all the landlords foreclose from the covid free loaders. I almost rented my house out to move up north this time last year. Glad i didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

give it a few months. The housing market is set for a major downturn when all the landlords foreclose from the covid free loaders. I almost rented my house out to move up north this time last year. Glad i didn't. 

Covid Freeloaders?

37 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Covid Freeloaders?

Many people stopped paying rent knowing they can’t get evicted. Lots of cases like that.  Whether they have been effected or not. 

• Like 2

Not in Az.  You can still evict in Az. You just  have to take one extra step IF the tenant cries covid AND delivers proper notice. They still have to prove it or they are evicted. 

The federal issue also only affects properties that are financed under federally backed loans.  

Im certain there are some evictions delayed but i havent seen a single one stopped because of crting covid.  

People that can't make thier rent because of government overreach shutting businesses down is one thing. People knowing how to play the game to not have to pay rent is another. No disrespect ment to anyone getting screwed over by loosing thier livelihood. 

Payson has gone nuts on real estate.  Double wide's in very old neighborhoods going over 200 G.  I don't see anything changing anytime soon even in an economic downturn.  People from California move here and call what we have here "affordable".   I feel bad for the young blue collar people that would like to live here, there is no affordable inventory to purchase or rent.

• Like 4

I will be selling a 4 bed 2 bath with long concrete drive and boat storage in the next month or two in Payson.

• Like 1

I know a Professional Who for her Job Consults big business Brass  on whats happening and She said the housing market is going to stay strong for 3 more years. Rentals I don't know . I don't think they would come down Much if anything at all. Sucks For most of us. ...............BOB!

• Like 2