Lv2hnt

Fair Chase in Arizona ...

I’m of the old school, I guess. It’s my belief a wildlife agency should not mandate hunting techniques, methods and ethics unless it can be shown such things are detrimental to wildlife or to our hunting heritage.

As for hunting ethics, the definition I like is that these are practices accepted by the majority of hunters in a region. This is important because ethics vary everywhere there is hunting. For just one example, hunting deer with dogs is legal and ethical in some southern states, but illegal and unethical nearly everywhere else.

I do not use trail cameras for hunting, but it’s because I have no need for them. I no longer am interested in antler size, and tracks show me everything I want to know. That said, what does it matter if there are a dozen cameras in every tree around a pond?

Bill Quimby

• Like 3

what is their definition of a "point water source"?

Seep or spring

If I Wanted a water hole or several to myself i would put a camera in plain sight and just remove it when i got there to hunt. With that cxmers there, no one can hunt that water.

Sweet.

• Like 2

Yeah what if you want to sit a random water one night, and somebody you don't know left a camera on it 8 months ago and is never coming back for it? You OK as long as none of them are yours haha?

I was very much for cameras for a long time but it seems it has gotten out of hand. Its only going to get worse. More and more fights / arguments are going to happen at waterholes over guys that feel "entitled" to the animal they have several pics of. Allow cameras from March 1st until August 1st or 31st. Make people scout for animals like our grandparents did or take the first legal animal they see for the purpose of meat.

• Like 1

I can't imagine the G&F trying to pass a no hunting within 1/4 mile of a trailcam law. Too many what ifs. No cam within 1/4 mile of a water source is makes more sense. What negative effects are caused by hunting next to a trail cam?

the way they worded it - how many definitions to "passive"- and how will it be defined by different wardens and what are they really trying to say ?

this is a done deal - get use to it just like any past decisions - one can voice all the comments before hand during the due process - to no purpose

Am i understanding it correctly? They want to ban them on ONLY "point water sources" ie springs and seeps? So they will still be ok on man made water sources, which is where the problem lies?

Am i understanding it correctly? They want to ban them on ONLY "point water sources" ie springs and seeps? So they will still be ok on man made water sources, which is where the problem lies?

It says developed or point water

It says developed or point water

Can't wait to hear a clear definition of a point water source!!! :D

• Like 2