Sign in to follow this  
twistzz

Where to retire?

Plan to have a split retirement, our place in Nutrioso part of the year, and somewhere on a beach the rest of the year. No shivering, no sweating type of life. Been scouting beach locations for several years now...Cabo, San Carlos, Cancun, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. Next up in Belize, Honduras, Panama and who knows. I hope the retirement is as good as the prep!

• Like 1

Don't really have it all figured out yet, but I am smart enough to migrate and always head where the weather is nicer.

• Like 3

Uh … those are both in AZ. Retire means retire. I am moving out of State. Somewhere the game is plenty and the summers aren't so hot my skin boils off.

Moyie Springs, ID.

If I can. In Arizona, it would be somewhere just Northwest of Flag.

Sonora MX on the beach somewhere and a couple of months in the Mtns but it is going to be awhile. 12 more years of school for my youngest

• Like 1

Trees burn and you can't see anything if you build in the middle of them. Pine needles add up to a lot of work at times. wanted a view and actually thats about a hundred trees. mature ones.

• Like 2

Trees burn and you can't see anything if you build in the middle of them. Pine needles add up to a lot of work at times. wanted a view and actually thats about a hundred trees. mature ones.

Man, you're not kidding. We bought our "forever" home last fall south of Prescott up in the pines. Have over 100 trees on 1.25 acres, mostly ponderosa but also some oaks & others that I don't know. So far we must have filled pretty close to 100 large hefty trash bags with pine needles and still aren't done. Do a little bit at a time whenever we're up there. I don't think the previous owners ever cleaned the yard, the carpet of leaf debris is about 3" thick.