CouesWhitetail

Forum software upgrade

14 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

So the version I’m on is the mobile version if I’m on a phone? I hate change lol

There are multiple themes....each theme is what they call a responsive theme, meaning it changes the layout to adapt to whatever device you view it on.  So you can select any of the themes and then see which looks best on your phone and use that one.  There is no 1 mobile version, there are multiple versions.  Look at the bottom of the forum while on your phone for the word Theme, click on it and it will show the themes you can select from.  Choose each one, see how it looks and then decide which to keep.  

27 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

So the version I’m on is the mobile version if I’m on a phone? I hate change lol

Change is the only constant. I digress, I prefer folding money to change.

Amanda,

Thanks for all the hard work keeping up with the latest forum tech.  I know this is not a small project.  Right now it is a bit cumbersome because it is new.  In a couple weeks all us hillbillies will be use to it and complain if you make changes!

Keep up the hard work on this great site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

I like the new version. How do we try changing skins?

Look at the bottom middle or bottom left for the word Theme.  If you click on it, there will be a dropdown menu that shows the available skins (aka themes).  There are three that are available currently for the desktop computer.  And maybe only two available on mobile.  I am still tweeking settings to try and make each of the themes nice to look at, but it definitely takes time.  

I would have kept the old them if I could have, but they didn't have it available with this new major forum software upgrade....so we will all have to change :)

• Like 1

Just when I get my eyesight back from that bright white blowing up my retinas, you change it back to brown.  Its kinda like when you get up to pee in middle of the night, accidentally turn on the bathroom light, and then trip over everything on your way back to bed because your eyes are all starburst.

I'll go sit back in timeout...my bad.

Seriously, though, I'm digging this change.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CouesWhitetail said:

Hahahaha....you guys crack me up!

I almost died this morning when I woke up and couldn’t find the new content button. I thought it was all over.

Dimension 4.3, that one is legit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Terrible,and with a pink background for HUNTERS. I think Amanda is trying to keep up with the AZ. Republic,, LOL

5 hours ago, naturebob said:

Terrible,and with a pink background for HUNTERS. I think Amanda is trying to keep up with the AZ. Republic,, LOL

There isn't a theme with a pink background....must be your monitor.  Did you try the theme with the camo background?  I like that one but it doesn't have as good a contrast with the text.

You can select whichever theme appeals to you and looks best on your devices.  Look at the bottom middle or bottom left of the forum for the word Theme with a little down arrow button on the right and click on that and then you can see the theme choices.  Each theme has a different color scheme.  For some people a light color scheme works for them, for other a dark one.  You can select the one that works best for you.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, naturebob said:

I also had the pinkish color but chose the white background with gray text which is fine for me.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I also had the pinkish color but chose the white background with gray text which is fine for me.

OMG!  I was just making some changes and for a second it showed as something that had a pink background and horrible other colors...wow!  I have no idea where that came from.   Then I reinstalled a new logo and it went back to normal for me.  Yikes...hope that doesn't happen again.