stanley

General Bull Hunts.... Who's going?

Thanks! My buddy of 50 years showed me this area a few years ago. He loves this spot but to try another area, his son put them in and they were drawn for 7W starting this coming Friday. They scouted their unit and saw only 1 bull . I'm hoping he does well. 

I will be helping out my 67 year old brother-in-law on his first ever elk hunt.  He retired from UPS a couple years ago and moved from Nebraska to AZ.  He is like a kid and very excited about this hunt.  I had to dust off the oldy but goody Ruger M77 30-06 for him. Never had to touch the scope as it was still dialed in.   I hope everyone that heads out has a great experience.  Should be fun.

lee shooting range 2021.jpg

Lee 100 yards shooting range 2021.jpg

• Like 4

Good luck out there I am in Flagstaff now. Cool but not terribly cold some weather coming next week but nothing to major.

Still heard some bugles today.

• Like 2

Good luck guys and gals that are going this week. Should be perfect camping weather.  

My son and a couple others had tags several years ago for this general hunt and it was warm like know,  but we still went 3 for 3 bulls. It was a great huntin and camping experience . Cheers. ....

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, knothead said:

I will be helping out my 67 year old brother-in-law on his first ever elk hunt.  He retired from UPS a couple years ago and moved from Nebraska to AZ.  He is like a kid and very excited about this hunt.  I had to dust off the oldy but goody Ruger M77 30-06 for him. Never had to touch the scope as it was still dialed in.   I hope everyone that heads out has a great experience.  Should be fun.

lee shooting range 2021.jpg

Lee 100 yards shooting range 2021.jpg

My son and I both shoot a Ruger M77 in 30.06 and it’s never failed us. Elk, Muley, Coues and even a BC Moose. 
Great time proven gun for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver Bullet said:

My son and I both shoot a Ruger M77 in 30.06 and it’s never failed us. Elk, Muley, Coues and even a BC Moose. 
Great time proven gun for sure!

+1 (or 2 😂)! 

I absolutely love the M77 rifles, and in fact have two M77's in 30.06 that I purchased from guys on this site over the past few years, plus one of my sons has one too!   I shot a nice cow bison with one of them last year, plus a couple of pronghorn.  Will be carrying it on my elk hunt later this week. ;)

• Like 2

My husband and I will be in 7w for his tag. Visit family in Flagstaff for Thanksgiving then hunting. Perfect week!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Omotose said:

I’ll be in Unit 27 with Arizona Trophy Outfitters for my bucket list bull elk hunt.

I'll be in 27 also with my son for his first elk hunt; good luck.....

• Like 3