Markleo21377

Just got a CC hit!!!

Maybe Bob needs to read his own posts! He cried like a old lady about the girl getting his sheep tag .Most were happy as h ell for her.It made the story even better to see that she shot a nice ram.Then the fool claims to be a res in this state but says otherwise in his own post.Also Bob getting a lifetime licence won't make you a res if you don't live in this state! Your just a non res with a lifetime licence is all .I assume your can read .To be a res you must have a primary res in this state. Good luck and good by to you .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Maybe Bob needs to read his own posts! He cried like a old lady about the girl getting his sheep tag .Most were happy as h ell for her.It made the story even better to see that she shot a nice ram.Then the fool claims to be a res in this state but says otherwise in his own post.Also Bob getting a lifetime licence won't make you a res if you don't live in this state! Your just a non res with a lifetime licence is all .I assume your can read .To be a res you must have a primary res in this state. Good luck and good by to you .

The lifetime license keeps you in the 90% pool of residents during the draw process.  You still pay the non res fees but you are not subject to the 10% allocation cap.  As much as I think he is on a a bitter old codjure, there is some rational behind his strategy.

• Like 1

Gets sheep tag. Can't climb mountain.. $hit!!!

• Haha 1

Well according to L&F the camera is the Hunter.  Stanley, it keeps the post count up.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

No the guide is the hunter. 

Hopefully the guide is the teacher and the client is learning something from him.We all have things we can learn from people with more experience.

Meanwhile, back to the program.....

Two different friends reported card hits for elk overnight.   FYI for those who were still hoping. ;) 

• Like 1

I love this site. Post like these are highly entertaining. 

To keep the pot stirred, if you hire a guide, they are the hunter. Just pulling a trigger doesn’t make you a hunter. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Hopefully the guide is the teacher and the client is learning something from him.We all have things we can learn from people with more experience.

2 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

No the guide is the hunter. 

Many good hunters who are far more accomplished than their guides book a hunt simply because they’re unfamiliar with an area out of state. It’s about goals. The best hunters in the country still book guides for specific trophy hunts. 

now if you’re local, have time, not specifically trophy hunting, and book a guide I would tend to agree with you 

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Many good hunters who are far more accomplished than their guides book a hunt simply because they’re unfamiliar with an area out of state. It’s about goals. The best hunters in the country still book guides for specific trophy hunts. 

now if you’re local, have time, not specifically trophy hunting, and book a guide I would tend to agree with you 

Learn the country and scout. It part of being a hunter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, huntlines said:

Learn the country and scout. It part of being a hunter.

That requires time and proximity.  I drew a great NV deer tag a few years back and hired a guide and had an incredible hunt.  It was a once in a lifetime tag and I shot a once in 100 lifetimes buck.  It was a pre rut hunt and those require hundreds of hours to do right and there’s no way I could have done that being 1500 miles away.   
A year before that I drew a once in a lifetime mountain goat tag.  That one was 5 hours from home so I made it happen and scouted it myself and killed a B&C Billy. 
Do I look at either hunt differently?  Maybe.  I enjoyed the heck out of both of them, one with family and one I met some new friends that I keep in contact with to this day.  
Last year I got a once in a lifetime moose tag in my home state.  Ended up killing a great bull about 5 min from my house.   Didn’t even consider a guide for that hunt.  
This year I just found out I drew a real good AZ tag.  I’m 1200 miles away, I will be hiring a guide for this one too.  I may only get one or two more of them in my lifetime so I’m gonna make the most of it. 
Am I less of a hunter then you?  Maybe in your eyes I am.  If I had to wager a guess you haven’t killed much stuff real far from home though and that’s one of the things I enjoy the most about my hunting career.  

• Like 1