Sign in to follow this  
creed

forest service and 30 foot rule

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Really? It was a long thread when it was announced a few years ago. Lots of hoopla and whining. Bunch of BS.

Apparently I missed it.  But I'm not ever up there hardly.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Really? It was a long thread when it was announced a few years ago. Lots of hoopla and whining. Bunch of BS.

So what is the hoopla,whining and BS?   And BS is your opinion.

6 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

So what is the hoopla,whining and BS?   And BS is your opinion.

The whole thing is BS. The hoopla and whining was all over the original post on here when it it was first announced years ago. Maybe before you joined.

42 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

The whole thing is BS. The hoopla and whining was all over the original post on here when it it was first announced years ago. Maybe before you joined.

Before 2012?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

So what's your point. + Or -

Stupid rule, both em. I stayed in my camp for almost 4 weeks two years ago on an elk hunt. I did not set up camp and leave to keep my spot. I was there, scouting before and hunted the entire two weeks. 

If your occupying your camp, and using an established site, forest service can go pound sand. 

Maybe it's more of a problem up there with squatters? 

• Like 1

I have rights to all camp spots and land for VRBO rental use, please sign up for a spot in the forest, 30 day minimum rental.

We got a warning from BLM that our trailers were gonna have to be moved.  It was a 2 week limit and they were gonna have to be moved 30miles minimum.  We called the BLM LEO and explained that we’re not squatters and we’re occupying and scouting for upcoming hunts.  LEO was very cool and reasonable and allowing us to stay through the end of the hunts.  Squatters are a problem for sure, and people using the forest as a storage unit.  

• Like 1

Speaking of Feds this has been around awhile but still worth watching. He got what he deserved. Arrogant jerk thought he was above obeying orders. They could have shot him. 

I pass by a fellow every day whom is clearly squatting on State Trust, he's had his trailer parked there close to a year. He'll probably move on once the place fills up with ATVs this fall.

2 hours ago, creed said:

Speaking of Feds this has been around awhile but still worth watching. He got what he deserved. Arrogant jerk thought he was above obeying orders. They could have shot him. 

What till IRS hires wantabees off the street to strong-arm civilians.!!

I have never had an issue on Kiabab NF but I have seen the CCSO clearing out squatters a few times. Its always the huge camps they are clearing out. It is getting pretty bad. There is a guy in an RV not far from my house and he has only moved once in over a year. One camp north of I40 even brought in a plastic shed last summer.

28 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I have never had an issue on Kiabab NF but I have seen the CCSO clearing out squatters a few times. Its always the huge camps they are clearing out. It is getting pretty bad. There is a guy in an RV not far from my house and he has only moved once in over a year. One camp north of I40 even brought in a plastic shed last summer.

I obtained a mining claim a few years ago in the Prescott National Forest. Ol prospector before me lived on it for 12 years, even built a shack there. 

He'd probably still be there if he hadn't been flooded out and later murdered.

Sorry but the 30/300 foot rule is a good rule.  Just drive the 300 road by forest lakes and you’ll see they push the campsites farther from the road every year causing more damage every year.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1