Sign in to follow this  
CouesFanatic

Archery Kills rolling in already

1 hour ago, creed said:

Am I missing something or is it just speculation that spikes and forkies are being killed alongside the road.

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Speculation, just like it being a race to kill.  I know plenty of guys who didn't go out opening weekend.  Looks like my areas will be open in Dec. 

Quite a few spikes and 2 points online. Some nice bucks also. Cannot confirm road hunting. As far as a race to kill, I gotta think dudes shot bucks in some of those units that are open august and December that they wouldn’t have if there wasn’t a risk of it closing. Or in 1, it closed in 3-4 days, not much holding out can be done. 

Also, fb fishing and hunting groups make want not live on the planet anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nope, that would be the stereotypical speculation.  I think the same amount of deer have been getting killed for years.  I guess it's a little shocking to see actual numbers, but not surprising to me.  As far as spikes and forks getting killed off the road.  Nothing new imo, small muleys almost always give you shot from the road, same as cow elk or spike elk for that matter.  Dec/ Jan will almost for sure have more people concentrated in the open units.  Adapt quick because I have a feeling this quota system will not make it 10 years before it is draw only.

10?  Probably 2

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

It'll be brown but it's waist high in lots of areas. I'm getting chiggers on my belly and fixing to go a 2 night backpack scout in this heat. I'm likely an idiot...

Yep. I'm an idiot..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I only do this site and Rokslide and it's almost too much.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

LMAO! I quit those clowns a long time ago.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Speculation, just like it being a race to kill.  I know plenty of guys who didn't go out opening weekend.  Looks like my areas will be open in Dec. 

If you were on the Hunting Arizona facebook page you could see a lot of spikes killed. I think people quit posting cause they were getting so much hate. 
I could care less what people fill their tags with. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

If you were on the Hunting Arizona facebook page you could see a lot of spikes killed. I think people quit posting cause they were getting so much hate. 
I could care less what people fill their tags with. 

Sad, when hunters, bash other hunters for filling their freezers.  Hunting has turned into "look at me"  I, like many others I know, don't post pics online because I KNOW some asswipe will find something wrong with it.  

• Like 10

22 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Anyone have an point restriction studies they know of?  I have mixed feelings on them.  I would like to see some of the benefits and downfalls of them.  Not opinions, like actual facts.  Who here was hunting when we had point restrictions?  If you were, do you remember why they failed?

I know D12 in California is forkie or better and has been for years. They don’t seem to have any issues with it. 

35 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Sad, when hunters, bash other hunters for filling their freezers.  Hunting has turned into "look at me"  I, like many others I know, don't post pics online because I KNOW some asswipe will find something wrong with it.  

Heck you don't even need to post pics for that to happen anymore. Words alone cause the same reactions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I know D12 in California is forkie or better and has been for years. They don’t seem to have any issues with it. 

Do you know any actual #'s?  Especially before and after restrictions were implemented.   I hunt a few places with point restrictions, but honestly have no idea if they are effective or not.  

I asked about the point restrictions before and don't remember the answer. I think one of them did have to do with deer getting killed that were under minimum and left to rot kinda like creed said. 

I also vaguely remember some argument about mature bucks should be able to pass on genetics rather then forkies.  But if a forkie bangs a hot doe isnt genetics a moot point since nobody knows what that forkies is gonna grow up to be?

Does an immature buck that will be an absolute monster have "immature" sperm when he's a forkie resulting in bad genetics?  Seems to me and I'm no biologist that a bloodline is a bloodline and a good bloodline forkie would be still better then an rtard mature buck mating a doe. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I asked about the point restrictions before and don't remember the answer. I think one of them did have to do with deer getting killed that were under minimum and left to rot kinda like creed said. 

I also vaguely remember some argument about mature bucks should be able to pass on genetics rather then forkies.  But if a forkie bangs a hot doe isnt genetics a moot point since nobody knows what that forkies is gonna grow up to be?

Does an immature buck that will be an absolute monster have "immature" sperm when he's a forkie resulting in bad genetics?  Seems to me and I'm no biologist that a bloodline is a bloodline and a good bloodline forkie would be still better then an rtard mature buck mating a doe. 

I know when I was a forkie I didn’t have immature sperm!

• Haha 4

Unless you’re a child idk why someone would shoot a spike. I guess it’s because some people just want to kill and tell themselves they were successful. 

I like posting pics when I kill, cuz why would I care if someone like naturebob comments something stupid unless they’re insecure about their kill. 

Edit: should say post pics “here”. I wouldn’t post on FB hunting groups. Pure filth. They don’t deserve anything 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Unless you’re a child idk why someone would shoot a spike. I guess it’s because some people just want to kill and tell themselves they were successful. 

I like posting pics when I kill, cuz why would I care if someone like naturebob comments something stupid unless they’re insecure about their kill. 

Well like you said, more meat on a Muley forkie then a coues. And of course any new hunter wants to grind there teeth on something...

When I have a bow in my hand I still consider letting an arrow fly even when I know I could do better. Sometimes it just feels good to squeeze that release. 

I gotta agree on that one.