Sign in to follow this  
Tropicalmulch

Last day buck

Was a tough hunt for us. We saw a total of one buck the entire hunt. I started this hunt with a target buck in mind that I got on cam last year, but not knowing if he was still alive this year, I wasn't overly optimistic about finding him. I didn't end up finding my target buck, but after hunting the entire hunt and not seeing a single buck I was definitely stoked to see this guy at first light this morning.  

My dad and I started out early and got onto a small hilltop in the dark. Right about first light spotted this guy. After the shot he ran and disappeared in some trees. Waited about a half hour to see if he might try to slip out and he never did. Feeling confident in my shot decided to go check things out. Getting close to the area he disappeared,  he stands up , seeing only head and neck an off hand shot put him down.

20221103_073921.jpg

• Like 31
  • Great Buck! 4
  • Wow! 1

Sounds like a tough but rewarding hunt congrats. Last day bucks are the best especially when it's a good looking buck like this one. Makes me wonder what your target buck looked like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

Sounds like a tough but rewarding hunt congrats. Last day bucks are the best especially when it's a good looking buck like this one. Makes me wonder what your target buck looked like.

My target buck was a stud whitetail. I might keep hunting for him and might show my old pics in the future