Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

33 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How much is Powell going to come up? Just saw Alta utah has had 742” of snow and expecting 20” more tonight. 

What fills up mead?

Snow in Utah is WAY off the charts this year.  Crazy!! (Been skiing twice, and gonna take another week up there in late April. ⛷️😉)

The snow at Alta won’t get to the Colorado. It will run off to the west, along with all the other snow on the west side of the Wasatch range.  That’s a good thing though, because the Great Salt Lake is hurting for it.  

That being said, all of the snow that fell just east of Alta on the east side of the range and beyond will absolutely get into the Colorado basin!   Good stuff for Powell & Mead! 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Snow in Utah is WAY off the charts this year.  Crazy!! (Been skiing twice, and gonna take another week up there in late April. ⛷️😉)

The snow at Alta won’t get to the Colorado. It will run off to the west, along with all the other snow on the west side of the Wasatch range.  That’s a good thing though, because the Great Salt Lake is hurting for it.  

That being said, all of the snow that fell just east of Alta on the east side of the range and beyond will absolutely get into the Colorado basin!   Good stuff for Powell & Mead! 👍🏻

I started skiing this year after not much activity in 17 years.  What a year for it!  I’ve just been hitting local hills, snowbowl and sunrise.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Did you bring your snorkel? 

• Haha 1

There have been some unbelievable powder days.  (No snorkel , though… lol)  Lived there for five years during college mid-80s and never saw anything like it.  

Back country guys aren’t having to hike 5 miles to cut fresh tracks this season, but they dang sure gotta make sure they have good batteries in their beacons.  Nope!  They can have that game! 

Another dumb (  !  ) tried to cross flowing water in Holbrook. The husband made it out the wife is dead. Swallow your pride and turn the bleep around. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

How much is Powell going to come up? Just saw Alta utah has had 742” of snow and expecting 20” more tonight. 

Last I read about one week ago was that they expect about a 34 foot rise from snow melt, but that depends on how fast it melts, if more comes, how dry the soil is between snow pack and Lake Powell, etc. Lots of variables for sure. 

Utah is way off the charts also. 

7 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Last I read about one week ago was that they expect about a 34 foot rise from snow melt, but that depends on how fast it melts, if more comes, how dry the soil is between snow pack and Lake Powell, etc. Lots of variables for sure. 

Utah is way off the charts also. 

where did you read 34ft? that seems light.