Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

17 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Edge you didn't get the memo.....they turned those spigots off because of COVID......just messing......I am pretty tired of everything being about Californicated.......they make the worst decisions about every dam thing possible!!!

For decades,  the Chinese, Saudis and other have been buying up our hay products and shipping them overseas,  leaving less and less for us here trying to raise livestock. 

Now these foreign entities are buying up the farmlands and water rights too, it's insane we allow this. 

Then you have idiots in power here who turn the  water off to farmers and allow fuel prices to soar while chasing their green utopian agenda.

How many people at home need to starve or freeze to death before there's a change in attitudes?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Edge said:

For decades,  the Chinese, Saudis and other have been buying up our hay products and shipping them overseas,  leaving less and less for us here trying to raise livestock. 

Now these foreign entities are buying up the farmlands and water rights too, it's insane we allow this. 

Then you have idiots in power here who turn the  water off to farmers and allow fuel prices to soar while chasing their green utopian agenda.

How many people at home need to starve or freeze to death before there's a change in attitudes?

Sickening......on the brighter side my brother got two more inches of snow in Tropic Utah last night so......more water...........

1 hour ago, AZAV8ER said:

This is good info. 

When I see it though, I get less optimistic about a windfall of Colorado river water rushing into Lake Powell, Havasu & Mead.  Though basically the entire Colorado River water shed is above normal, it seems that the most important area (Rockies western slope) is not completely 'off the charts' above normal.   The expected flow from AZ's own Little Colorado River looks like it will help, though! ;)

Proof will be in the pudding when the snow really starts to melt up north in May/June.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stanley said:

This is good info. 

When I see it though, I get less optimistic about a windfall of Colorado river water rushing into Lake Powell, Havasu & Mead.  Though basically the entire Colorado River water shed is above normal, it seems that the most important area (Rockies western slope) is not completely 'off the charts' above normal.   The expected flow from AZ's own Little Colorado River looks like it will help, though! ;)

Proof will be in the pudding when the snow really starts to melt up north in May/June.

The Dolores and Gunnison in SWS CO feeding the Colorado & the High Uinta mountains in UT will fill up the  Duchesne in SE UT and Black Forks (S WY) rivers that feed the Green.  Not the main show but some pretty heavy snow packs adding to the Green and Colorado. Just need several more winters of 100%-200% of normal snow pack, we will see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stanley said:

The expected flow from AZ's own Little Colorado River looks like it will help, though! ;)

Bet Grand Falls is roaring! Too bad they closed it because people are slobs leaving trash,  alcohol bottles and driving off road, making a mess of the place. 

Would love to go see it flowing.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

Bet Grand Falls is roaring! Too bad they closed it because people are slobs leaving trash,  alcohol bottles and driving off road, making a mess of the place. 

Would love to go see it flowing.

Crap, I hadn't realized they closed it.  (Of course a quick Google search provided plenty of articles confirming.... :( )   The thought never really occurred to me to go visit it before, but just a couple of weeks ago my lady-friend was asking if I wanted to go check out 'Chocolate Falls'...   Bummer...

4 minutes ago, stanley said:

Crap, I hadn't realized they closed it.  (Of course a quick Google search provided plenty of articles confirming.... :( )   The thought never really occurred to me to go visit it before, but just a couple of weeks ago my lady-friend was asking if I wanted to go check out 'Chocolate Falls'...   Bummer...

Yup. Of all years too with the LCR reporting historic runoff.  Probably won’t see anything like it is now, again. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stanley said:

No pun intended but I'm in deep water over this because we cancelled a trip earlier this year!!!

Everything still looking good out this way, anticipate the crappie stocking to happen mid next month for San Carlos Lake. 

In other fishing news we got on Talkalai yesterday and good results all around despite the wind and turbid water. The crappie at Talkalai were the biggest I've ever seen there!

DAN

20230329_120708.jpg

20230329_173355.jpg

• Like 14
  • Wow! 2

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Stanley, when your lady-friend is asking you if you want to check out "Chocolate Falls", you may not be discussing the same topic! May want to get some clarification before proceeding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow! 2

12 minutes ago, Apache7mm said:

Everything still looking good out this way, anticipate the crappie stocking to happen mid next month for San Carlos Lake. 

In other fishing news we got on Talkalai yesterday and good results all around despite the wind and turbid water. The crappie at Talkalai were the biggest I've ever seen there!

DAN

20230329_173355.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to report Dan. I might have to make a trip there soon. BTW, what is that little fish in there? 

4 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Thanks for taking the time to report Dan. I might have to make a trip there soon. BTW, what is that little fish in there? 

Gizzard Shad 

• Like 2