Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Evidently the winter kill is bad in Wy and Utah. I heard on a podcast that gas and oil workers are already stacking up antelope carcasses by the 100’s. Evidently some cow elk are starting to abort their calves because they have not eaten enough to sustain them. They expect the does that di survive to sbort also if they have not already. They dont expect many of last years fawns and calves to survive. So thats two fawn/calf years basically wiped out.  Not sure about Colorado. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, JSR said:

Evidently the winter kill is bad in Wy and Utah. I heard on a podcast that gas and oil workers are already stacking up antelope carcasses by the 100’s. Evidently some cow elk are starting to abort their calves because they have not eaten enough to sustain them. They expect the does that di survive to sbort also if they have not already. They dont expect many of last years fawns and calves to survive. So thats two fawn/calf years basically wiped out.  Not sure about Colorado. 

how high do they stack them?

2 hours ago, AZLance said:

how high do they stack them?

3’ 4-3/16”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

Any idea if the lakes up on Anderson Mesa are filling?

Shot alot of ducks and geese up there back in the day.

not too sure, I did see at least one large tank with a decent amount of water in it

18 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

No more cotton :) 

Far less Bermuda and alfalfa too, driving hay prices through the roof.

Flood irrigation will be done here only by the big ag corporations and rich foreign entities.Add the cost of diesel and owning horses are for the well to do, eating  beef will be a costly meal.

A fellow from Prescott last night told me they're already paying over $30 per bale of hay there.

• Like 3

My sister texted me this picture from her house in the Salt Lake Valley today. Yesterday it was 83 degrees at her house and today it's snowing. This weather is unreal. 

IMG_1970.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

My sister texted me this picture from her house in the Salt Lake Valley today. Yesterday it was 83 degrees at her house and today it's snowing. This weather is unreal. 

IMG_1970.jpeg

The colder The front,  the denser the air enabling the cold front to push warm air out in front of it.

• Like 1

Water is everywhere up here (Northern Az).  I'm sure every pond & lake on Anderson Mesa is the same, but perhaps I'll run out to Mormon Lake this weekend to have a look.  The pic is westbound on I-40 east of Garland Prarie.

20230414_073406.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:40 PM, 1uofacat said:

Water is everywhere up here (Northern Az).  I'm sure every pond & lake on Anderson Mesa is the same, but perhaps I'll run out to Mormon Lake this weekend to have a look.  The pic is westbound on I-40 east of Garland Prarie.

20230414_073406.jpg

I always have to laugh because depending on the time of year, visitors to AZ can sure get a different look on how things can be......

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

Painted Rock Dam

It is currently holding almost as much water as Bartlett and Horseshoe combined.

image001[34644]_1342388503599634.png

Didn't know that lake existed until I saw a fb post about it. Is it true all that water is basically wasted because it's full of pesticides? 

4 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Didn't know that lake existed until I saw a fb post about it. Is it true all that water is basically wasted because it's full of pesticides? 

I haven't heard of that. How did pesticide get into there?