Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

I grew up at the rainbow trout farm / campground and trailer park in oak creek.  we had a few years like this.  we had a cable with a big bucket to get across during the floods.  I'll tell you, that was a scary deal in the pitch dark,  I'm always amazed that the big one hasn't  cleared the whole canyon.

41 minutes ago, runningbird said:

I grew up at the rainbow trout farm / campground and trailer park in oak creek.  we had a few years like this.  we had a cable with a big bucket to get across during the floods.  I'll tell you, that was a scary deal in the pitch dark,  I'm always amazed that the big one hasn't  cleared the whole canyon.

That does sound pretty sketch!!!

I just wished we had another even bigger Rosey down stream!

6 hours ago, twistzz said:

I just wished we had another even bigger Rosey down stream!

We do. Painted Rock Reservoir. When full, it’s second only to Roosevelt. Unfortunately, it’s not managed anymore due to extreme toxicity. And it’s dry all the time now since all the runoff upstream is already allocated to other places.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WHALE said:

Rosie 101%

3/22/2023 (afternoon)

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Well I shouldn't have back down on the danger of the flooding. Need everyone to say a prayer for the Sutton's , thier residence of Bear flats, there truck got washed away while crossing the tonto . The truck has been found but Phon and his wife are missing. Searching now. Hoping for the best. Please don't fxxk around with these washes and rivers. Godspeed

Any update regarding Phon and his wife? I have not seen or heard any news. I sure hope they were found safe and sound

No the finally got to the truck and they were not in the truck, they canceled searching for the night. It doesn't look good at all. Really sucks.

5 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Gonna have a Morman lake again.

Who knows, maybe even Stoneman will fill.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RNGRDOG said:

Upper Lake Mary spilling heavy. The lower lake is filling fast.

Lake Mary Spilling, 3.22.23.jpg

I remember back in the 90s when Lower Lake Mary was filled-up the same way, a buddy and I went up there an had a blast catching small-mid Northern Pike.    Can be fun stuff when the lakes come back to life!!! ;)