Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

28 minutes ago, akaspecials said:

This is my contribution from the Colorado Snowpack when we were hiking the Keystone back bowls a few weeks ago. There will be a chair here next year. 😕

A lot of Feb storms have fizzled out. We still need more snow to finish out the season strong. 

Sierras are full, but Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona can still use more. 

326678767_574451267545008_7266186213535657357_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=M9hFKQlOsvcAX8s3kfu&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=00_AfCaHJQ8kMhq8P8WF4OKHnqZNkHe04OZZ18_Mh_Bx1MbJQ&oe=63EA4284

Dang......not for me....too much snow but hats off to those that can do that!!! Great pic

On 2/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, Apache7mm said:

The stocking will likely have the biggest impact for spring 2024 as most ppl understand I think, but we'll likely have a mix of fish, some fingerling and some capable of spawning this year. 

There were no fish left last summer except carp and some gizzard shad which all perished as the lake completely dried. As some have explained the lake is very capable of rebounding all on its own from naturally occurring fish in the Gila and those washed down from Talkalai during flooding. 

2017-18 gave the Lake enough water and time to do the above mentioned process which is what is also predicted for '23-'24. 

When the Lake dries it creates a very fertile environment which can explode with aquatic life should those area fill with water as in a "New Lake Effect".

How much more water in that mf’er after this last storm 

Nothing extra after the storm, we didn't get much precip out here besides mostly snow dusting.

They also started letting water out on the 8th but we still have twice as much coming in to the Lake for now.

DAN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Hows it looking up north?  Much snow today?

Just started at my house it rained all night.  Couple of inches so far.  Roads suck.

Was snowing in Wickenburg  a short while ago. Probabl 3rd or 4th time this season.

• Like 2