Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Nice stringer(s).  Plus, I see a Vizsla!!!   (I've had my red-dog out quail hunting close to San Carlos lake a couple of times this fall.... ;) )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ RANGER said:

2018 bank trash. I miss that lake so much. 

4B602BEF-C1E9-4205-9C24-9C52E2F4A9E5.thumb.png.d82139d318d02b64db9bc7a292335c2e.png535000F9-A594-47ED-9E93-5C20AAB12BA3.thumb.png.bc0dfc0d576785f6fb5c049f9c05baec.png

Some guy on the crappie FB group was so mad at me for saying San Carlos had white crappie. I posted a pic of me with one. He said nope, says right here in the regs only white crappie in pleasant. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

@standman were you fishing from the bank in 2018? I’m sure someone did good from the bank that year, wasn’t me though. @CouesPursuitI don’t fish until standman tells me to tbh. 

I remember that year everyone was talking about giant Alamo crappie. 

No.  Boat fishing.  

Brian

49 minutes ago, Coach said:

More 2018 San Carlos Pix :)

IMG_0497.thumb.jpg.dab268d18dd10c9dae3fa4bbf05e2ef8.jpgmatt.thumb.png.a056ab8a90dee91b83ff9312a706f20f.pngWOW

I am more of a trout fisherman and have never caught a crappie but I am going to give it a shot this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Lot of white crappie looks like. I wonder if that’s what they’ll try and stock this time. 

We plan to stock both yes.

DAN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Went out today checking all the high water ramps.

Quail Springs, New Govt Corral, and Mohave Pt.

DAN

20230202_084430.jpg

20230202_102835.jpg

20230202_110519.jpg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Apache7mm said:

We plan to stock both yes.

DAN

Dan, are you stocking fingerlings for next year, spawning size for this years spawn, both?

I can't believe any fish were left after the last water was bucketed for the big fire last summer. Looks like some could have been washed down from Talkalai to possibly spawn.

2017 and 2018 were great years, had the lake been stocked or was that from survivors spawning? the lake had been dangerously low before that.

Thanks for the updates, me and my family really miss going to San Carlos, doubt there's fish in the lake for this spring, but next year I really look forward to the San Carlos fish camp. 

I'll buy a yearly this year to help a bit funds wise.

Kent

The stocking will likely have the biggest impact for spring 2024 as most ppl understand I think, but we'll likely have a mix of fish, some fingerling and some capable of spawning this year. 

There were no fish left last summer except carp and some gizzard shad which all perished as the lake completely dried. As some have explained the lake is very capable of rebounding all on its own from naturally occurring fish in the Gila and those washed down from Talkalai during flooding. 

2017-18 gave the Lake enough water and time to do the above mentioned process which is what is also predicted for '23-'24. 

When the Lake dries it creates a very fertile environment which can explode with aquatic life should those area fill with water as in a "New Lake Effect".

Here's Old San Carlos area late August of last year and the same area yesterday. 

DAN

20220826_115938.jpg

20230202_085753.jpg

• Like 8