Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Another early monsoon?

What's the prediction this year?  Been getting some random days of clouds and last 2 days feel a lot like monsoon weather. Rained last night slow and steady for quite awhile and just got some drizzle at my place tonight.  

Side note, looked like a small fire burning on the mountain just south of the border by naco. Not where I'd expect active trails to be. Assuming lightning strike. Customers that live out that way said they had lots of lightning last night.

Hoping for another good monsoon summer... Maybe just a bit less then last year though...

Not sure where I heard it but earlier monsoons mean a week monsoon. I believe it's a old Indian saying.  We'll see what happens. Hope it's not true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 25-06 said:

Not sure where I heard it but earlier monsoons mean a week monsoon. I believe it's a old Indian saying.  We'll see what happens. Hope it's not true.

I've heard that before too, but I don't remember the source. And yeah Kev I agree it's definitely looked and felt like monsoon weather recently.

11 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

I'll take all the rain we can get.  Less wind would be nice this year.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Steady rain in Show Low for the last hour.  Glad I didn't go golfing.  On a side note Fool Hollow and Show Low lakes are still chocolate.  Beautiful cigar weather on the deck :)

• Like 4

Monsoon up in the mountains at least for me who lives in the chithole desert is the best.  Something about the rain and cracking thunder in the pines

I'm calling for a cooler, wet summer. Hopefully that trend will continue and the climate alarmist will have $5 a dozen egg on their face. 

• Like 2

I've read that heavy snowpack in the West and the Rockies delays the monsoon due to the surface not heating up as fast.  Who knows really.  They missed the last two years with the monsoon and winter predictions! 

Rain is nice in Flagstaff so far! Love the smell of rain in the pines! 

The Jet Stream is the main weather influencer in the nothern hemisphere. If scientists can get a handle on predicting its path, half the climate puzzle is solved.

The western hemisphere only became aware of the Jet Stream less than 80 years ago when U.S. bombers flying towards targets over Japan hit the force of the atmospheric River head on.

• Like 3